Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hm.....

-- crib
    -- diapers / diaper pail / wipes
    -- changing table (save your back)
    -- glider rocker

-- I like footed sleepers and use them the most.
    -- LARGE receiving blankets for swaddling
    -- carseat if you use a car
    -- stroller
    -- some kind of tote or diaper bag
    -- two crib sheets and mattress pads

You don't need the crib right away you can use a bassinet instead.
    I really, really love a comfy glider for sitting / nursing / holding baby. I think it's a must have, I tried to go without but bought one within a week of DS1's birth.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Also, maybe 2 or 3 bottles to start, a manual breast pump unless you will work FT after baby, I like the Medela manual pump, and I like Soothie pacifiers - get 4 because they get lost. There are also Soothie gel nipple pads (ask for them in the hospital) I only needed one pair, but I had bought an extra set that I ended up not needing.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you want to just set up the crib in baby's room. You don't have to have the crib in your room at first, we put our DD in the 2nd bedroom in our 2 bed apt after the first night and did fine. I got up to nurse her and we had a monitor just in case we slept too heavy. For us everyone slept great. My brother and many friends had given us the advice to put the baby in their own crib asap, and after reading and hearing from so many folks who have great difficulty transitioning to the crib I'm glad we did. It worked for us.

The other thing, if you're having a dedicated baby room, I have used both kids changing dressers until age 3 and beyond. We bought inexpensive but cute dressers that doubled as changing tables and haven't lost a kids yet! If you need a place to store stuff you'll need some type of dresser anyways.I hate changing my DC's on a bed or the floor, too hard on my back.

The slings are a great idea, I had one and tried a few others but I was always too hot, both DD and I were sweating to death so I gave mine away.

Sounds like you have got just about every possible piece of baby equipment mentioned, now you get to pick what to get!!!! Happy Shopping (and save those receipts!)

Must have: (beside obvious things like car seat, diapers ect)

High Chair - If space is an issue, check this out. I bought it and I love it http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-S...8127109&sr=8-1

Sleep sacks. They are the best invention EVER I used the Carters brand for a long time. I could find them on sale for around $5 each and that makes them much cheaper than the halo sleepsack. DD can still wear hers at 5 mo

Play gym
    - DD will play on this and never gets sick of it. I got it for her for Christmas. It was worth the $$. I repeat - worth EVERY penny. http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-R...8127254&sr=1-1

Pack N Play - I love it. I cannot imagine life without it. The one's with the bassinet and changing table attachment are nice but not a neccessety. Here's what I did. I bought an extra changing pad and put it on top of my dresser. It works better that way IMO because you can put a stack of diapers beside it and a tub of wipes, cream ect too. (I put all of this in a basket to the side of the changing pad)

Trash Can. - I did not think of this until after DD was born. I had bought a diaper pail but not a trash can. It is pretty essential IMO

Here's what you DON'T need:

Changing table - I love mine, use it all the time but could live without it
    Rocker - again, love mine and use it but could live without it
    Diaper warmer - love it but could live without it
    Baby Carrier - I have used mine maybe 5 times. Not worth the $$ I spent on it. ( I bought a Bjorn.)
    Diaper Pail - Unless you use cloth diapers this is a waste of money. If you do use cloth diapers buy the cheapest one you can find. Mine was $15 and works like a charm. Very little smell. Don't let Diaper Genie lure you in with their expensive pail and expensive refills.
    Last edited by shawnandangel; 03-27-2009 at 12:25 AM. Reason: fixed link
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

I just give birth to a new baby boy. I want to give him a nice room. Im looking for baby nursery furniture that would look awesome. I wanted to find a baby nursery online but can't find the right one thus i need help.

These posts are great! Any suggestions specifically for a winter baby??

Why mittens?

- a thermometer (we used the exergen)
    - nail clippers (their nails grow really fast)
    - infant tylenol
    - california baby or other sunscreen
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3