Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lmariana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Question Am I OK on carriers?

I'm expecting baby #3 in a few weeks, and I'm reassessing (obsessing over) my carriers. Here's what I have: Ergo, Zolo Sling, KKAFP, and 2 Hotsling pouches.

So, is there anything else I will definitely want? I'm considering a Baby K'tan, Gypsy Mama BBB, and a Beco Butterfly. I tried a Moby wrap last time around and really didn't care for it - too complicated to adjust and unflattering. I think it had more to do with recovering from a c-section...all those arm movements were too irritating to my healing body. I'm having another c-section this time too.

Any advice? Thanks!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Whoa mama, slow down! Maybe wait till DC3 arrives to see if he likes being carried, and if your current stash works for you? This is just my frugal self talking, remembering how one could easily get carried away in the nesting frenzy...

Good luck!

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Your lineup sounds good to me. I was going to suggest a Moby until I read that you weren't that into the one you had.
    I have a moby, ergo, and hotsling pouch and I think that will work for me for #2, BTW.
    DD
    DS

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If you didn't like the Moby then you probably wouldn't be happy with the BBB at the beginning either - the Moby has a lot more stretch and forgiveness, the BBB has none. So not very comfy if your muscles aren't working well, IMO.

Don't know the other ones so can't comment on those. Enjoy the new little one!
    Nancy, mom to

DD1 5/04 and DD2 3/07

Isn't the Ergo the same as the Beco (minor differences)? You may like the Baby K'Tan as it has the same positions as the Moby but without the yards upon yards of fabric to wrap and tie.

Before adding to your stash I'd wait to see if DC3 enjoys being carried. Hope so as it sounds like you're a big supporter of babywearing. My DS loves it!

GL!!
    Christine, mother to Ethan 11/1/08 and baby Moose due 1/25

lmariana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the input, ladies! I guess it just feels weird to not buy a new carrier for this child and rely on my old stash! I may end up adding the K'tan if I can find a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lmariana View Post
    Thanks for the input, ladies! I guess it just feels weird to not buy a new carrier for this child and rely on my old stash! I may end up adding the K'tan if I can find a good deal.
    I just noticed you're in Marietta - I lived there from '81-'86, went to George Walton High School for 9th & 10th grades. We actually lived right near Chatahoochie (sp??) River Park.

Anyway, on another board some moms were saying the K'Tans were on clearance at select Targets.
    Christine, mother to Ethan 11/1/08 and baby Moose due 1/25

I was not a Moby fan, either. I tried one after I had ds2 and I really hated it. I thought it was uncomfortable and ridiculously long. That led me down the slippery slope trying MANY other carriers. Don't count out a more supportive wrap just because you didn't like the Moby. With my dd, I have used a woven wrap most of the time. I just pre-tie it before I go out and pop her in and out as we go. I like how nice an secure she is in it and I find it WAY more comfortable than a Moby. I also am a huge fan of pouches, but my dd didn't like the cradle carry as a newborn. Oh, my favorite for her as a newborn was a homemade mei tai in stretch velveteen. It was heavenly when she was tiny.
    Kate LEUKEMIA SURVIVOR
    ds1, A, 12.04
    ds2, W, 12.06
    dd, G, 10.08

I am actually thinking about getting the baby ktan-does anyone have an opinion on it? my baby loves being carried but the slings KILL my back!!!!! likes/dislikes?

thanks
    mommy to the loves of my life ds (Oct. 2008) and dd (Aug. 2011)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

wow. That's almost 1 carrier per day of the week. Wouldn't it be funny if you registered for all those?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast