Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Totally, totally love this thread! Thanks everyone for your ideas.

Daisy

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    When you click on the link for the organzier, it shows as out-of-stock. Prince Lionheart says they stopped making them YEARS ago. I am so disappointed!
    On that same page, there was a column down the side with "You May Also Like" and this is basically the same thing, I think, but in more muted colrors, and it is available. Would this work?

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...b93c71bc2cbbf6
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by g-mama View Post
    On that same page, there was a column down the side with "You May Also Like" and this is basically the same thing, I think, but in more muted colrors, and it is available. Would this work?

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...b93c71bc2cbbf6
    It would, but it's really expensive. All the parts in that main picture are sold seperately. The rod to make it a double rod is $19.95 by itself! Then, each 6 cubby is $29.95 and the big 4 cubby is 22.95 and the shoe cubby is $19.95. Just what is shown there is about $130 without the bins. Much more than I can spend! I want cubbies and the double rod thing for about $30 .
    Kris

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    It would, but it's really expensive. All the parts in that main picture are sold seperately. The rod to make it a double rod is $19.95 by itself! Then, each 6 cubby is $29.95 and the big 4 cubby is 22.95 and the shoe cubby is $19.95. Just what is shown there is about $130 without the bins. Much more than I can spend! I want cubbies and the double rod thing for about $30 .
    Here's several over the rod closet organizers - different size shelves.
    http://www.stacksandstacks.com/close...nizers-page-1/

Here's extra closet rods or double rods
    http://www.stacksandstacks.com/close...e-rods-page-1/

I'm sure I've seen things like this at BBB as well, and use one one of those 20% discount coupons. I have ordered from Stacks and Stacks before and I didn't have any problems.

>> I recently came up with a solution for the various small electronic cords that accumulate:

I am reading this thread because I do not have an organized house, but I do have a great tip for all those electrical cords. DH has a bunch from various stereos, computers, phones, plus extension cords, etc. I got an over-the-door shoe organizer with clear plastic pockets, and each pocket holds a couple cords, and the whole thing goes over the door over our laundry room. I grouped each row of pockets into phone, extension, computer, A/V and miscellaneous, I think. I am sure a few cords are misfiled/mislabelled, but it doesn't really matter since it's easy to find the frequently used ones and the lesser used ones could be found with minimal effort.

I came up with this idea all by myself and think it's brilliant, so I am happy to pass it on.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by american_mama View Post
    >> I recently came up with a solution for the various small electronic cords that accumulate:

I am reading this thread because I do not have an organized house, but I do have a great tip for all those electrical cords. DH has a bunch from various stereos, computers, phones, plus extension cords, etc. I got an over-the-door shoe organizer with clear plastic pockets, and each pocket holds a couple cords, and the whole thing goes over the door over our laundry room. I grouped each row of pockets into phone, extension, computer, A/V and miscellaneous, I think. I am sure a few cords are misfiled/mislabelled, but it doesn't really matter since it's easy to find the frequently used ones and the lesser used ones could be found with minimal effort.

I came up with this idea all by myself and think it's brilliant, so I am happy to pass it on.
    I love this idea. But where to hang it. So many of our doors already have things on the back. Either mirrors or hooks or a have a hanging unit from the Container store. I'll have to think about this one. At the moment, they're all in a drawer jumbled up, and DH always is asking where such and such a cord is.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I love this idea. But where to hang it. So many of our doors already have things on the back. Either mirrors or hooks or a have a hanging unit from the Container store. I'll have to think about this one. At the moment, they're all in a drawer jumbled up, and DH always is asking where such and such a cord is.
    We have a clear shoebox labeled "cords and cables" for all those things.
    Other boxes in that cabinet:
    -billpaying supplies (checkbooks, pens, stamps return address labels, envelopes)
    -electronic accessories (iPod parts, camera batteries, old Palm, earbuds, etc)
    -wall hooks (3M command adhesive stickers/hooks, picture mounting kits with hooks, wires, etc, OOK pins/hangers, hammer)
    -thank you notes
    -greeting cards
    -odds and ends (this one is so unspecific I don't really know what's in there- just weird stuff i didn't want to throw away, I guess...

I've been really happy with this cabinet b/c I labeled everything with a blue index card in the front with huge writing. DH can find stuff and put things away on his own

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7