Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which Double Stroller?

Hi,
    I'm new to this board and am totally overwhelmed by all the different choices out there...

I'm going to register at BRU and Target in the next couple weeks and am wondering if anyone has any good reccomendations for a double stroller?

I am pretty comfortable with my choice for infant carseats/snap and go but for when they are a bit older I'm looking for a good Dstroller that will work well with going for walks around the neighboorhood and mall trips. My house is limited in space as is my car (for now) so to have a jogger and an "umbrella" type would be too much.
    Anyone have an suggestions on something that would work well as both?

Thanks!

After lots of research I think I have finally decided on a Baby Jogger City Mini Double. Are twins aren't due till August so we still have a little time to look around.

Good Luck in your search and hopefully some already seasoned twin parent's will chime in.

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Baby Jogger Elite is a favorite double on this board. But it also depends on how you plan on using the stroller too. My sis-in-law uses that and loves it. It has a really smooth push. I'd also look at the Bob doubles.

I'm a newer parent so I'm not as seasoned but IME, BRU and Target do not carry nicer strollers in store (though they may have them online). There's a Buy Buy Baby near me (finally!) and they have a wide variety of strollers from lower to higher end. You might want to go to a store like that to test them out too.

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahrimie View Post
    The Baby Jogger Elite is a favorite double on this board. But it also depends on how you plan on using the stroller too. My sis-in-law uses that and loves it. It has a really smooth push. I'd also look at the Bob doubles.

I'm a newer parent so I'm not as seasoned but IME, BRU and Target do not carry nicer strollers in store (though they may have them online). There's a Buy Buy Baby near me (finally!) and they have a wide variety of strollers from lower to higher end. You might want to go to a store like that to test them out too.
    BRU carries Baby Jogger online.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Baby Jogger City Mini Double! LOVE ours. It's light enough for everyday use, but "all-terrain" enough with front-wheel suspension to handle cracks in sidewalks and the occasional roll through grass. We have the double snap n go too but it is getting cumbersome to push as the twins are getting heavier. The Baby Jogger will be our only stroller until it is outgrown. Got it from amazon.com, on a lucky day when for some reason the color that we wanted was marked down by $100.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We started with the double snap and go, then moved to the Baby Jogger City Double (the original one, this was before mini and elite or whatever). I loved both of them. The BJCD has been pretty much our only stroller and we use it all the time.

Thanks everyone it sounds like the Baby Jogger City Mini is a great pick... I have a Mazda3 hatchback, how compact does the stroller fold down too? Anyone know the dimensions?

I love my BoB. I am not a serious jogger, but love to walk. It is a smooth ride.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The Bob Duallie is the best. You can't put newborns in there though - you can use the snap n go for the first 8 weeks and then transition. Lots of mom of multiples clubs have resales where double snap n gos sell for fairly cheap. Back to the Duallie - you will not find a stroller that handles any better. You can literally push it with one finger. I have the Valco Double too (with the toddler seat) and that pushes like a tank.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

The BOB duallie IS all those things, with the exception of mall-friendly. IME it was just too long to maneuver indoors. The BJCED is the better part of a foot shorter, but I can't remember how much. The BOB's width is just a hair more as well, which meant the same doors that the BOB barely went through (and scraped), the BJCED sailed through. The push is a touch better on the BOB and you can run with it, but the BJ is a little bit more versatile for everyday use, IME. I've had them both.

I'm actually getting the City Mini Double soon b/c while pg, the weight of the BJCED is not so handy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast