Default Can pull-ups be tightened around the waist?

DD is still too young for PT, but she sleeps a solid 12 hours per night and wakes up soaking wet EVERY single morning (often, up to her armpits). Having tried every diaper brand and diaper doublers, I want to try Pull-UPs overnights. I understand they have velcro on the sides, for reclosing, but can it be tightened around her waist (as you would a diaper)? I'm afraid they'll be too big around the waist, and will leak...

Also, I still can't figure it out from the posts: are overnight training pants, such as Pull-Ups, MORE or LESS absorbent than regular diapers?

Thanks!!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We've never used pullups except for PTed DD on car trips where she'll fall asleep.

Two things we did for the problem you described are 1)size up in the regular diaper 2) get some diaper doublers from BRU or TRU (like maxipads) - and limiting the amount of liquid before bed.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I second what WTG just said. Either size up or try the diaper doublers. Pull ups are a lot more expensive, I would not want to go that route if I were you and fwiw, I've had more problems with pull ups leaking, than regular dipes leaking...
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Hi, thank you both. Yes, Pull-Ups seem really expensive, so I'm treading carefully here

We're sort of in-between sizes and are using the next size up, but I suppose one more size up won't hurt. I've tried diaper doublers, but they seem to bunch up uncomfortably (I actually thought of using a regular maxi pad instead because it has a sticky back, but haven't tried yet).

Limiting the number of liquids... It's a double-whammy. She does drink a big glass of milk before bed (I know, I know, the root of the problem), but if she doesn't, she'll wake up hungry in the middle of the night and will drink it then. She'll be dry -- but I'll be a zombie.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have found Huggies Overnights to hold better than Pull-ups. Just my experience though....

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    We have found Huggies Overnights to hold better than Pull-ups. Just my experience though....
    Us, too. We went from Huggies Overnights to Good Nites, because overnight Pullups didn't work. The Good Nites are enormous on her, but they never leak.
    Kris