Default Breastfeeding and running

I just recently started running again and noticed that it seems that my milk supply has decreased. I try to run right after I feed her since I have read that that is the best time to do it. I am not doing a lot or anything, but I am planning on slowly increasing in order to do a half-marathon in may. I definitely still want to be able to breastfeed but I'm worried that it is going to make me unable to!

I usually pump before I go to bed (usually about 3 hours after DD), but the last few times, I haven't really gotten anything!

Any suggestions as to how to effectively run and still be able to keep your supply up?!?!
    Mama to Riley Grace
    Born 7/11/08

I've been running 3 days a week for the past 2months - since dd was ~2 months old. I only do about 3 miles though (then I go on the elliptical), so no where near 1/2 marathon length, but I was told exercise is ok as long as you drink a lot of water - so I do. Probably triple what I would normally drink for exercise if i was not breast feeding. It seems to be working out ok. And of course you need to make sure you are eating a lot too to make up the calories lost during exercise.
    I never have had a whole lot of success with pumping either.
    Good luck with it all!
    We Love those baby Smiles!

Hydrate like crazy and keep up your caloric intake. Also, since you are hydrating so much, be sure to take electrolytes as needed. I trained for and ran a marathon while DS was still BFing. I had to eat, eat, eat. I got tired of eating I had to eat so much!! You'll burn about 100 cal/mile. While training I always wore a Camelbak, and sipped constantly. I absolutely could not have done my training without it. I used Endurolytes for electrolytes, and fiddled with the amount based on the length of the run, temp, and humidity. I used Shot Bloks for nutrition/calories during the run, and had a Clif Bar immediately after.

Also, don't get too freaked out by a few days of not getting much out of a pumping session. This often happened to me with that bedtime pumping when I was nursing DS, but my supply was fine. Your DD is at the age when she may be getting some of her caloric needs from solids now, so your supply will naturally decrease some.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven