thomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default sewing patterns for dd

I used to sew a lot and am trying to get back into it. All of the craft stores/sewing shops in my area are gone so I've started to tool around the net looking for some patterns. I would like to make my dd some dresses and skirts for summer. She's a tall girl and needs a size 8.

Where should I be looking? which websites? any tips?

thanks!

Kim
    ds&dd 5/03

I've only downloaded bag patterns so far from this website but you may want to just take a look at it to get ideas:

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/index.htm

If you go and do a google search, you're bound to turn up a bunch of craft websites where they'll either give you a free pattern or a really good tutorial. If I remember some of the sites, I'll come back later.

lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The folks over at Crafster.org have a lot of advice so you might want to check there for some information.
    I get a lot of my patterns from ebay because you can often get them in lots for a better price than if you buy them individually.
    It's too bad that you don't have a Joanne's or a Handcocks because they often have patterns for $1.
    Good Luck!

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you checked out fabric.com yet? They have all sorts of deals- free shipping on $35+, and lots of codes floating around. You can also go through ebates for cash back. I see on their site that Simplicity patterns are always 40% off.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just make sure to check the pattern for actual finished garment measurements. Your 8 may be one pattern maker's 6 and another's 10. It's very frustrating.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)