Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My cat has hated the babies so it has been a non issue. She wanted nothing to do with anything that smells of the little ones! I would wait to see if there is a need to do anything and go at from there.

Beth

I read good things about Secret Screen, which is sort of a cross between a pull down shade and a screen door. Supposedly some other reviewers at other forum sites have used this to block off the door to the nursery from their cats while still being able to leave the door open for airflow,etc. I bought one but haven't installed it yet. I chose it because it seemed a far simpler solution than finding a screen door to fit and then convincing my husband it would be worth installing. The whole thing takes two screws into the top of the door frame and two on the bottom jambs for the hold down clips. For the price I thought it would be worth a try. I'm not due until July, however, so the test will be how good the thing is to stop the cats all by itself without the added deterrent of crying babies.

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by violetsky View Post
    Those of you who use a Crib Tent, are you still able to use a mobile?
    We don't have a mobile, so I don't know if it would work. I suspect the tent would get in the way, but I'm not sure. We do have one of the fisher price crib soothers on the side of the crib and that works with the tent.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

PCARN is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Question Question re: cats and newborn

Hi- We have two cats who are really loving and sweet. I'm wondering how they'll be when it comes to jumping in the bassinet and crib. We haven't gotten furniture yet (am on bedrest) so I can't prep them/teach them not to go in the crib. I'm debating on getting a crib tent. I'm also wondering if it'll be necessary to keep the cats out of our bedroom while the bassinet is in our room. Has anyone ever experienced their cats jumping in? I'm sure our cats will adjust well w/our new addition but I just worry that being curious ones as they are that they'll jump in.

Also, when your baby's in his/her nursery at night, do you keep your cats out? Just trying to figure things out (first baby). I wouldn't want to keep the doors closed (either our bedroom or the nursery) but I'm worried that the cats may jump in the crib?

I'd really appreciate any advice and/or suggestions.

Lightbulb less messy alternative to the spray bottle

I have two cats that are determined to lay on every surface in our house, so the temptation of a whole room full of new surfaces is just too much for them to resist, screaming child or otherwise....however the one thing I've found that will keep them off of anything and actually stick in their minds for a few days is the compressed air that you use to dust your computer....I never spray them with it directly because occasionally you see a mist come from the can which worries me a bit, but just the sound bothers them, to the point where all I have to do now is pick the can up and they immediately stop whatever they are doing.....which is great because with a ton of electronics in our house a water bottle simply wasn't a feasible option.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4