Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

See, I'm really hoping that they'll be skittish (just enough to not want to go near the baby asleep) I figured I'd buy it and if I never need it then I'll sell it at a garage sale; but if I do end up needing it then I have it to put on there. Do you think having the baby in the co-sleeper made a difference because she was next to you?

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by heathertexas80 View Post
    I appreciate your responding. I'll look for it. Where did you get yours? Thank you Heather
    We got ours from Walmart (online with free shipping to the store). Seemed like as good a price as anywhere and that way we knew we could return it without a problem if we wanted to.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4726174

I should also note that the crib tent is not meant to be used with all styles of cribs - the front and back rails need to be the same height so that it sits flat on top of the corners and it needs a metal mattress support to tie the ends to. One thing I wondered about before I got it was whether I'd be able to use the drop-side of my crib with it on and the answer is yes (although in the end I never use the drop-side anyway!). Also, watching the video on putting it together on totsinmind.com was very helpful.

MCsMom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Sorry, in my earlier post, I should have said they never went in the co-sleeper with the baby in there.
    Before we started using it as I was setting it up, the girl did jump in there because she was trying to get out of my way. I let her sniff around then shooed her away. Once the baby was in (and I had that co-sleeper canopy ready), they both would sniff then turn away.
    Yes, I do think having DD beside me at first made a difference. I would never scold them though because they were just curious. I would just watch until I thought they were about to get in there but they never did. If they did, I would have just shooed them again.

Well, sounds like a good idea. I use a squirt bottle with my cats (found out it works with the puppy too...) I'm kind of thinking about the co-sleeper now. Might just put the crib in our room for the first couple of months though... not sure. Got five months to figure it out! I'll look at walmarts site for the tent. Did it work for a pack 'n play or did you not try it? We live in texas so that would be awesome. No worries about our gigantic mesquitos...!

LOL
    No, I never tried it with a PNP.
    I do think there is a tent available if you are so inclined
    The nesting is fun, isn't it?

lol, I'm sorry I am.... well former military (they tell you theres such a thing as former but they lie) I'm driving my husband nuts so I'm trying to spread it around a little. I worked in the Flight Surgeons office for 3 years as a medic. I'm like... supercharged when given a task until I complete it. I can't hurry the pregnancy up so I might as well go for getting ready. I've already got a crib, registered and have decided on a theme... baby names etc. Like I said I'm driving my husband nuts... my in laws don't talk to me currently etc... lol

They are just going to have to put up with it
    I was similar when pregnant. Read all the parenting books (wanted to throw them all out after I was done), obsessively researched EVERYTHING we wanted to have for her (furniture, gear and the like) AND had pretty much everything she needed months before the arrival, read the Baby Bargains Book over and over again, visited my local Buy Buy Baby so much they knew me by name and always had a spray bottle handy filled with rubbing alcohol because I didn't want to catch anything while with child
    I have relaxed a little bit since DD came into this world.
    Enjoy it!
    I am so thankful that we were able to prepare, it made the craziness of a new baby a little easier...

lol, I'm not reading too many of the parenting books. Am reading "what to expect when your expecting". I've gone through the baby bargains book and highlighted stuff and everything. Most of my stuff is researching what I'm buying, to save money etc. We don't have buy buy baby here. I've been going to babies r us and thats pretty much all we have around us. I'm just a really big planner, I've moved 10 times in the last 6 years and kept my sanity.

Those of you who use a Crib Tent, are you still able to use a mobile?

I'm not sure, I haven't bought one yet... Babys not due for another 5 months. :O)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast