Default Filene's Basement

On July 24th, I will be attending Feline's Running Of The Brides in downtown Chicago, Illinois. (I want to thank the author's of Bridal Bargains because I would had never heard of them without their help!) I was hoping that someone has been to this event and may be able to give me some advice as to what to do. I will be road tripping down there and plan to go to the store a day before the actual event so I know what the store looks like. If anyone has any tips or any hints on what to do for the event, it would be greatly appreciated!

Default I've been twice now!

Hiya,

You've probably already been to the sale -- and I hope your experience was as positive as mine was!!!

I went in 2009 for my cousin who just got married this weekend. I went again in 2010 for myself and I'll be getting married in july!

I totally that sale. It is the B-E-S-T alternative hands down for a bride that really really wants a designer dress, but cannot pay for one and can't stomach the thought of settling for David's Bridal (sorry for those who love it there!).

Anyway my dress is Fenecia by Pronovias and my cousin got an amazing Alvina Valenta for a fraction of their original cost -- both gowns originally retailed @ over $3000. (they came with original labels, tags, buttons, lace samples, straps etc.). In great condition.

My tips for ANY other ladies:
    (1) Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to take off
    (2) Wear some kind of formfitting undergarments like a tank & biker shorts b/c chances are you won't get a dressing room and you'll be changing in the aisles with a bunch of other girls. It's not weird or anything its a community feeling, but while some ladies felt fine in their undies u may not be one of those girls!
    (3) If you don't have a ton of helpers or assistants don't worry! both times there were 3 of us total! -- arrive late -- yes I said that -- arrive late. You avoid the rush/crush & all the dresses are re-hung and organized again after the initial mad dash. I spoke to a Filene's rep and she said that from the 1000 girls in line only 100 are actual brides and each sale has at least 2500 gowns to choose from so the odds are in your favor.
    (4) Don't be shy, if you see another girl with a dress you love and want to try, have ur people talk to her people! LOL. That's how i got my pronovias, another girl gave it to me after my cousin spotted it and went over there and asked about it. . .

That's all i can think of but feel free to ask me any q's -- any of the other ladies that are interested in the sale -- i say go go go go go!

Default Inweddingdress.com is so good

I went to the Inweddingdress.com and absolutely loved it!!! The staff was very friendly! They seemed excited to help me. A girl talked about order times, alteration times and about the sale. She actually asked me questions about my wedding and what my dream dress was like. She was very patient with me and my indesisveness! It is such an important dress and I wanted to make