Default Stroller for my 3 year old non-stroller kid at Disney?

We're taking our 3 year old son in June. He hates to walk or to ride in a stroller. He only wants to be carried (which we're working on). He'll definitely need a stroller, and I don't want to rent one because I know he'll need it on the way from the buses or monorail to the hotel.

We have a Mac Quest that's a few years old but something is wrong with the wheel and we're not really into sending it to Maclaren to get fixed (which is what they told us we would need to do).

I initially said I would get a $20 umbrella stroller at Babies R Us and try to give it to another family on the way out of the parks when we left, but my son is really fair and I'd like a decent canopy that could be augmented with something more substantial.

We already have our broken Quest, a Valco Runabout and a BJCM in our collection.

I'd like something comfy, light, easy for us to carry... Do I need a Volo? Is there anything else that might do the job as well and cost less?

Thanks so much!!!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Why wouldn't you take the Mini?

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

How much does your DS weigh? Those cheapie BRU strollers are horrible to push with a heavier kid - so many parents walk around Disney hunched over them; Disney should have a chiropractor waiting at the exit gate to straighten them all out! I'd go with the Mini but if you must have a new stroller, a Volo is probably your best bet.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well, if you want to get a new stroller, I vote Volo. But, if you want to take something you currently own, I'd take the BJCM

ETA: Lori and I share a brain.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I wasn't going to take the mini because we're flying and it's bulky (for that). Besides, we're going to be on and off buses and I want something small.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just picked up a volo for Disney, same purposes as you, and think it is going to fit the bill perfectly. I paid $69.99 for a 2007 at babye-store.com, no issues. There are similarly priced ones on ebay as well.

just sold my graco ipo to a friend for just such a purpose. she flies often and it is considered a carry on, due to small fold. it has pretty good recline and i recall that the sunshade was mediocre. you could always add an extra one to any stroller, even a cheapo umbrella, but i second the fact that they are super hard to push with a heavy kiddo.

check out the ipo. we liked ours, but simply didn't need it. we got ours at albeebaby.com. hth.
    neeley

Volo. Lightweight, great fold with carry strap, ad the best canopy out of lightweight strollers. You can easily add a rayshade or pepenney if it isn't quite enough of a shade.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Last edited by astromaggie; 05-11-2014 at 11:55 AM.