Default OT: Where can I find Oneida flatware?

Our everyday flatware is Oneida American Harmony and it is great, just like day one, except we don't have enough spoons to get through the day... I just checked out Oneida.com and its $15 for 4 spoons

Does anyone have any other suggestions where I could just get individual spoons without having to get full sets? Thanks so much

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You might check open stock sales at places like Belk, Dillard's, etc. I've noticed they often have Oneida on sale and in bins for buying open stock at these type places.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

1964pandora is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm not sure where you can get it the cheapest, but make sure you're getting 18/10 or 18/8 stainless. It looks like that pattern is now being made in 18/0 which isn't corrosion resistant. Your original set may have been made out of 18/8, but the manufacturer may be making the same pattern out of 18/0 now. Really good stainless flatware (18/10 or 18/8 and a heavy weight) is actually quite expensive, at least $30 per place setting, unfortunately. I just went through a real education on the subject because I had to choose a new set. I got a lot of good information on-line at the Silver Superstore. I have no connection to them. I ended up getting my education from the Silver Superstore, then buying from Western Silver because they have the lowest on-line prices for good stainless by far.

OOh... I just checked the Silver Superstore and they have your pattern but unfortunately, it is not being made in 18/8 or 18/10. It's 18/0 which really doesn't hold up. Western Silver also has your pattern and they say it's 18/8, but I would doubt that because Silver Superstore is more up to date on when the manufacturer has switched from 18/8 too 18/0. Can you tell I've been immersed in this topic lately?! Oh, and Western Silver says your pattern has been discontinued, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it somewhere.
    Last edited by 1964pandora; 03-27-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

for Ebay. IMO Replacements wants an arm and a leg and your firstborn. About 4 years ago I decided to add to our Oneida set (I think it is Fairfax?) anyway, I would go to antique shows and a lot of the flatware vendors can get their hands on full sets via estate sales, etc and will pass them along for a modest mark up. We bought I think 4 each of extra teaspoons, soupspoons, dinner and salad forks and knives, plus a few extra serving pieces and paid about $50 total. DH had a duck fit until I let him know that it was also $50 for just 4 ice tea spoons and 3 more butter spreaders at the Oneida outlet.

Plus the older stuff is likely to be the higher grade. I didn't know that about the percentages changing, I appreciate the info, PP!!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10