Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What do you have as a spare "bed" for a child to sleep on?

DN spends the night sometimes and we have had her in the PNP. She is 3 and really to big for the PNP. We had a bedroll but it really has no support (got it for $10 at a consignment sale). DH wants to spend $70 on one of those toddler size airbeds like in One Step Ahead. I thought just a character chairbed from TRU would suffice (thinking that a child could puncture the airbed thing and then we are out $70 insted of the $40 the chairbed costs). This would be used for DN mostly right now. Is it worth it to just get a twin size air mattress instead? Are they easy to puncture?

Thanks.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

we love the My Cot by regalo - I got it ship to store from Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4433186

sets up in 1 second (just unfold like a camp chair) and can fit into a large suitcase for travel. Its smaller than an aerobed, but easier to store.

We have a full-size aerobed. That way anyone can use it. We've had my mom, my brother, some good friends, my niece, etc use it. When my brother stayed, he and Billy had a huge pillow fight, bouncing on the bed party and nothing happened to it. DH and I have stayed on it once or twice when we were painting our bedroom and it's actually pretty comfortable.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

stella is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

There's an old sofa in our playroom that we often use for someone to sleep on (children, of course!), but my kiddos get a big charge out of sleeping in their sleeping bags on a pallet on the floor. I don't really think that "support" is a big issue for a young child, but maybe I'm just mean.

I have also considered getting a folding cot (the kind you take camping) because I know my kids would love to play "campout" in the playroom.

We use a twin size Aerobed for our 5 year old, and have since he was 2.5 or so. My DD is tiny, so she fits fine in the P&P still, at almost 2.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have both the toddler aerobed and a twin-size aerobed. I don't think they are easy to puncture at all. We mostly use them for camping or when one of the boys is sick they sleep on one in our room. I highly recommend the aerobed brand and amazon.com sometimes has some great deals on them.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

We use a twin aerobed. We had the toddler one with the raised sides, but it sprang a leak that we can't seem to find and fix. He slept just fine in that since he was about 2.5.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

For the 3 yo set, we have 1) a twin trundle under DD's bed (a twin mattress shoved under there would also work 2) TWO or more (??) of the Toddler Aerobeds 3) sleeping bags

We travel with the Aerobed for DD because if we're staying somewhere with a slightly questionable floor, I want her raised up off it. She REALLY likes it.

I think they were $35-40 from Amazon on a sale that was reported here. Plenty big to last her a few years, take to grandma's house, etc. They have a motor to blow them up in a flash and come with a nice flannel covering, a bag, etc. I'm actually considering not doing a trundle mattress in DS' room, but using the trundle box as storage and just popping out the aerobed when needed. Not sure.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I saw the aerobed for kids on Amazon. It looks nice. DN and DS like to sleep in the same room when she is here. DS has a captains bed with drawers underneath, so no storage there. I like the small bag the bed goes into. I can store that in DS's closet very easily. It was listed as $48 or $54. I checked on Bed Bath and Beyond and it was $77 I think.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

We have a queen size Aerobed that we used for MIL at our condo.

A few months ago we had a house full of guests and DS had to give up his bed for a few nights. He slept on the air mattress in his brother's room.

They both jumped on it and there was no damage.

Kids will not be wearing sharp objects to bed, so no worry about puncturing it. During the day, just put it away.
    Rebecca
    DS 9/05
    DS 6/07

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast