thomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default another stroller question

We're going to disney in a few weeks. I've been struggling with the stroller decision for months. My kids are almost 6 but tall...they're both a bit more than 47" tall and ds weighs 55lbs and dd weighs almost 10lbs more. I know they're going to get tired. Any stroller suggestions for me? buy...is so, what should I look at. rent?

ETA: We're staying off property and will have our own vehicle. We're driving down, not flying. If that makes a difference.

TIA-
    Kim
    ds&dd 5/03
    Last edited by thomma; 03-29-2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: add info

Rent the park stroller. The rental strollers are very very easy to push with older kids in it. I have been renting one for my almost 7yr old for the last few trips and bringing a single for my younger.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Hmm. Do you have something like a Volo? I would bring it/them, because they are going to be TIRED toward the end of the week. The problem with the park rentals is that you can't take them out of the park. Especially at the MK it is a LONG haul from the park gate to your car.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

55lbs+ is hard to find a stroller for. Have you considered a wagon? Radio Flyer makes a nice plastic one that has 2 fold-down seats, both with buckles to secure the children.

I am renting a double Baby Jogger City Mini through orlandostrollerrentals.com

I know that they have other types of strollers. I needed something for off property as well and this company will deliver and pick up from where you are staying for free. The cost for me to rent thru them for the week was cheaper than doing the Disney park strollers.

HTH

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You can't bring a wagon in WDW parks, so that isn't an option.

The orlandostrollerrental weight limit is 100lbs total; given that your kids total 120lbs, I wouldn't do that either. I'd either rent at the parks as needed or bring a Maclaren single with the high weight limit (Volo or other). At 6yo, my DS1 could walk most of the time in the parks but needed a break some evenings (note that we took mid-day breaks almost every day; if you go non-stop, your kids will need a ride sooner).
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My 50 pound 7 year old can still ride in my Mac Mistral (older 2002 model Mac similar to a Quest/Triumph) so I think your kids would be fine in a Volo. I wouldn't want to push a double though. JMO.

You could also just take one Volo and have them swap back and forth. OR you could get something like a Peg P3 and have one ride and the other stand on the footboard and have them swap periodically. It would be a heavier stroller but you would only need one. You could also have them walk during the day and then only use it at nighttime. That's when I find Sarah needs to ride. She's fine during the day, but gets tired at night.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)