Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Would you go to WDW 34 weeks pregnant?

We had planned to go to Disney World with my parents later this year. I will be 34 weeks pregnant. Provided all is well with the pregnancy would you go? I know I won't be able to do the thriller rides but someone will need to take my toddler back to the hotel for a nap everyday anyway and I thought that would be a good time for me to rest everyday also. Any thoughts?
    Mama to 3

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

What time of year? In the summer, no way no how. Even through October *I* wouldn't do it because it would be too hot.

But if you're normally active and otherwise healthy and low risk, I don't see why not.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sure, if you are up for it. Can you buy traveler insurance in case something comes up at the last minute?

Beth

I wouldn't but I had a preemie and I wouldn't want to risk entering preterm labor from the stress of walking around WDW. If you know that you've had completely normal pregnancies and don't think it will stress you or your body to be there, then go for it. For me personally, it would be too big a risk but it might not be for you.

We were definitely going to buy travelers insurance. It would be late September. I had an easy pregnancy with my dd but I know every pregnancy is different. Hmm?
    Mama to 3

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When I was 32 or so weeks pregnant with DD, I went to Disneyland for the day and it was great. No problems. There were still a bunch of rides I could go on and I just sat and rested when everyone else was going on the fast rides. I think I would have been able to last on a 3-day trip if that's what we were doing. BUT I lived about 7 min from DL at the time so it was no different really than just walking around a mall or something. So it wasn't like a huge trip with all that stress.
    And then with this pregnancy, 2 weeks ago I was thinking "I was running around Disneyland at this point in my pregnancy with DD, and there is no way I could do it now!" So yah, I just feel so much bigger and more tired this time around.
    Just based on my own personal experience, I personally wouldn't go.
    I actually just passed up a trip to Mexico this week because I felt that 34 weeks was cutting it too close.
    DD
    DS

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We were considering going this week when we'll be in FL, but I decided we'd have just as much fun resting/relaxing at mom's pool and doing some smaller things. This pg, I need more rest than I have with the first two. I'm really feeling it the third time...

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I wouldn't. I tend to get tired and also crampy if I have been on my feet too long and this usually starts for me during the 2nd tri. I'd probably end up needing my DH to push me around in a wheelchair after a few hrs, lol. Plus, if you are going when it is hot, that will add another level of discomfort. Will airlines even LET you board the plane if you are 34 wks pg???
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

No way for me, by that time it was all I could do to go out to our sailing club. But then, I was huge and it had been a tiring pg.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't forget about all the bathroom trips, too. That's what gets me in the end!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast