Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't think I could do it at that point for a couple of reasons. First, that's a heck of a lot of walking. Second, I'd be too worried about planning it then having to cancel and disappoint the kids (although I'm sure you could just not tell them).
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

No, I wouldn't do it. I was high risk both times and at 34w with DD#1, I was on bedrest and off work. I was able to work up to my c/s date with DD#2, but there was no way I would have been able to do any sort of flying or walking or vacation of any sort.

JMHO.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would say it depends on how you feel at this stage of your pregnancy and how hot it is going to be. I went to a very large state fair at 35 weeks and it was a terrible decision because it as 85+ that day. I spent most of the time sitting near a water mister with DH worrying about me. Not fun.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

September is still very hot. It is also still prime hurricane season.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We went at the end of September when I was about 18w pregnant with DS2. The daytime heat was almost unbearable - high 80s-low 90s and humid. I would have been completely miserable at 34w pregnant. Sure, you can take your toddler back for a nap, but keep in mind that it will take you 45mins or so to get back to the hotel, then reverse the trip to meet up with everyone after naptime. It's not as relaxing as it sounds.

Note, too, that trip insurance does not cover a lot of pregnancy-related maladies, like bedrest. Although Disney packages carry relatively low cancellation fees until you are in the last week, but airfare penalties are fairly steep.

I wouldn't do it.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

No way!!

But I got very big and I was very tired. Plus my ankles were the
    size of my thighs.

My DH would have been pushing me in a Disney stroller.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

I just know, if I don't go then we won't be able to go for 2 more years and I don't want to disappoint my parents and dd. We had this planned before I got pregant.

You can usually fly to at least 36 weeks and I am used to the heat. But I also don't remember being that uncomfortable in my first pregnancy. I never reached the point where I was wishing for the pregnancy to be over asap. But then again it will probably be different the second time.

Thank you for all your opinions.
    Mama to 3

I'd go. DH and your parents will be there- right? So if you need a time out - time to put up your feet or take a nap they can take the kids.

We went to Bermuda when I was 35/36 weeks and it was so nice to get away and take my mind off of baby stuff. I know Disney is a bit more chaotic, but still - it is away - and, as you point out, it will be a couple years before you can likely go again. Just buy the travel insurance. My 2 cents.
    --------
    DS: 7/08

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

NO, not even a chance. I couldn't even see how it could be fun to walk around WDW 34 weeks preg. Let alone being away from your own doctors and family.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    I just know, if I don't go then we won't be able to go for 2 more years and I don't want to disappoint my parents and dd. We had this planned before I got pregant.

You can usually fly to at least 36 weeks and I am used to the heat. But I also don't remember being that uncomfortable in my first pregnancy. I never reached the point where I was wishing for the pregnancy to be over asap. But then again it will probably be different the second time.

Thank you for all your opinions.
    Can you move the trip up a month or back a couple of months? Then you'd either be less pregnant or toting a newborn - but I'd rather do that than do Disney at 34 weeks.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast