Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    I just know, if I don't go then we won't be able to go for 2 more years and I don't want to disappoint my parents and dd. We had this planned before I got pregant.

You can usually fly to at least 36 weeks and I am used to the heat. But I also don't remember being that uncomfortable in my first pregnancy. I never reached the point where I was wishing for the pregnancy to be over asap. But then again it will probably be different the second time.

Thank you for all your opinions.
    Is it possible to change the dates at all? I'd think about it during my 2nd trimester (I had energy to spare then), or I'd consider doing it after the baby- anything you could ride at 34 wks you could ride with the baby.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Can your dd do a special trip with just her and her grandparents (and maybe your dh)? You could stay home with your toddler and get ready for baby...

I would absolutely not go - but then my girls were born at 33 weeks... I was carrying twins, but that much heat and walking would have been horrible for me even months earlier. I don't have a singleton pregnancy to compare it to, but I can't imagine trying to walk around wdw at 34 weeks!

I work in Orlando at the busiest Level 3 NICU. You would be amazed at how many women travel past 24 weeks and end up delivering on vacation. The stress of traveling; long hours at parks; dehydration; irregular schedules; etc all contribute to preterm labor.

If it were me, I wouldn't do it. But if you do, know that Winnie Palmer Hospital has a wonderful NICU should you need it. Make sure to bring a copy of your OB records as well, just in case.

There isn't really a way to move the trip up unless it is a week or so which probably won't make that much difference. I think I am going to keep the reservations for now and reevaluate in a few months. Thanks for the opinions!
    Mama to 3

I can totally relate to your delimma. We're going to WDW in early June when I'll be 30 weeks pg. This is not ideal but, like you, I knew that this would be last chance to take DS (who is 3) for several years. Fortunately, we're not spending much out-of-pocket for airfare and hotel (just in case).

I've been preparing DH a little. Telling him that he'll have to ride all the rides with DS. I'm trying to plan one day where we pretty much just stay at the hotel all day. Or, SeaWorld has a nice deal where with a 1 day pass, you get a second day free. So, if we do that one day, we can go another day for just a couple of hours and not feel like I'm wasting money. I'll probably try to plan our 5 day trip so that we're not doing 2 heavy days in a row. I have no illusions that we're going to be able to do even half of things that interest us. And, I'm going to try to really pace myself and not push it. I'm going to drink tons of water even if it means going to bathroom every 15 minutes.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think I probably answered before, but after being in FL for a week, I'll answer again. No, I wouldn't do it.

At 30 weeks and the 3rd pg in a few years (I guess your DD is 1.5-2 years older than mine) I just thought it was exhausting. The travel, the schlepping, the tiredness/discomfort of my older body at just 30 weeks made it very difficult.

Granted, you wouldn't have some of the complications (hopefully) that we did - 16 mo old that got an ear infection after the plane ride, unbabyproofed house (for the most part), a pool in the backyard, so nowhere safe for them to run outside, constant meal prep/cleanup, etc.

For me, this pregnancy has been about sitting down and putting my feet up - getting ample resting opportunities every hour or so. Maybe I'm just lazy or old as I said, but the theme of this pg is REST. Did you happen to read my traveling with toddlers thread, LOL?

Of course, YMMMV. Sounds like it does, actually.

God NO, but that's just me. I was so uncomfortable 30+ weeks!!!!!
    Mom to Emily (6/04) and Julia (5/08)
    A lifelong dream come true!

E: Graco Affix backless booster
    J: Parkway SG, high backs, both cars
    BiG GIRLS NOW!

I car seats!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lisadpa View Post
    God NO, but that's just me. I was so uncomfortable 30+ weeks!!!!!

Plus I was giving birth the day before 34 weeks.....not to discourage you from going on your trip, just to whine a little.

It seems like the consensus is a big NO, but I think I am going to do it anyway, lol! At least I will reevaluate in a few months but this is my second (hopefully) fullterm pregnancy and I never got uncomfortable carrying my dd. Hopefully that will be the case again. Of course, now I just have to worry about hurricanes!
    Mama to 3

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    It seems like the consensus is a big NO, but I think I am going to do it anyway, lol! At least I will reevaluate in a few months but this is my second (hopefully) fullterm pregnancy and I never got uncomfortable carrying my dd. Hopefully that will be the case again. Of course, now I just have to worry about hurricanes!
    If you end up having complications, or going into pre-term labor then Come to Winnie Palmer Hospital. If you baby is in the NICU, then ask for Cassandra. I will take good care of your little one!

Hope that I don't meet you IRL however!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast