Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    We were definitely going to buy travelers insurance. It would be late September. I had an easy pregnancy with my dd but I know every pregnancy is different. Hmm?
    I didn't read the other responses. But as a Floridian, Heck No. September is the hottest most miserable month of the year.

dms619 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Just to play devil's advocate -

Let's just say you went and something happened and you delivered early.....would your insurance cover you out of state? Or would you becoming home with a brand new baby and a $20K hospital bill?
    Debbie
    Mommy to sweet baby Katie

Quote Originally Posted by dms619 View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate -

Let's just say you went and something happened and you delivered early.....would your insurance cover you out of state? Or would you becoming home with a brand new baby and a $20K hospital bill?
    Yes, we would be covered. We definitely thought of that, very important. Thanks!
    Mama to 3

Quote Originally Posted by Octobermommy View Post
    It seems like the consensus is a big NO, but I think I am going to do it anyway, lol! At least I will reevaluate in a few months but this is my second (hopefully) fullterm pregnancy and I never got uncomfortable carrying my dd. Hopefully that will be the case again. Of course, now I just have to worry about hurricanes!
    It is your choice, but the consensus for women who have been there, done that, seems to be a big old "no" if not "heck no!" After doing Disneyland, and not the daunting WDW, I can't imagine doing it at 34 weeks and with a toddler. You are a braver woman than I!

You will have more than hurricanes to worry about this fall. H1N1 is supposed to start appearing once school starts. My OB, who is not reactionary, said she is advising all pregnant patients not to fly this if at all possible or travel to places with tons of other people during flu season. This flu strain hits pregnant women much harder (we've had one death of an otherwise healthy pregant woman in our area already), meds like Tamiflu aren't as effective when you are pregnant as not, they think the flu will show up earlier than normal, etc. Please, do not worry one minute about disappointing your parents!! You weren't pregnant when you planned the trip, life happens, your health and your unborn baby are more important than disappointing people. I know it would be harder for me to disappoint my child with moving the trip than other adults. I would really try and do what Lori suggested, if at all possible, and move the trip for after the baby is born, maybe after the holidays? I don't know your family's schedule, so apologize if that isn't a very helpful suggestion.

Good luck and if you do go, I hope it works out and is an uneventful trip.

We are going soon and we are very excited. Going with a newborn/infant is just not something I would do so the next time we could go would be in 2 years. The good news about the flu is I had it last month. I will definitely give an update when I get back and maybe while I am there. And hurricanes will hopefully stay away.
    Mama to 3

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6