Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My water broke and I was in full labor 1 day shy of 36 weeks. Twins were born via "urgent" (not scheduled, not emergency) c-section, because one had flipped back to breech (confirmed by ultrasound in the L&D room).

They were 6lbs and 6lbs1oz. The slightly bigger one went to the NICU for suspected fluid in his lungs, was released after about 7 days (totally cleared at that point -- we haven't even been back for a followup). The slightly smaller wasn't even evaluated for a NICU stay -- he was fine and stayed with me.

Wouldn't recommend that route (one NICU, one not) to anyone with twins, but I don't think anyone opts into that situation.
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

C-section scheduled for Fri 4/17 at 35w, 6d!

Good luck!!

29 weeks, 1 day. They're now 6 weeks, 6 days old and still in the NICU (gestationally 35w5d). They were 2 lbs and 2 lbs, 11 oz.

One of them will probably come home in the next week or so and the other hopefully by her due date! They're now 4 lbs, 2 oz and 4 lb 14 oz.

They are mono/di and one had severe IUGR.

I was scheduled for a C on the 21st but delivered my son Jasper and daughter Autumn at 2:37 and 2:39AM on Thursday July 2nd. I was 35 weeks and 2 days. They were born 5.12 and 6.5 lbs so no NICU.

Only complication I had was I wound up with the spinal headache, that was terrible...

I hope you are able to keep them cooking a bit longer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2