Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by spunkybaby View Post
    Ariel's Grotto has breakfast too--it's just not heavily advertised/promoted. But you can make priority seating reservations for breakfast there.

THat's weird. I specifically asked if we could book breakfast and was told no. Hmmmm, off to call Disney dining AGAIN.

THANKS!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Maybe you should make a PS for a character meal breakfast at Ariel's Grotto Or at Minnie & Friends. I believe they both open for breakfast *before* the parks open, so then when you're done with breakfast, you'll already be inside the parks and can play (or at least walk around)!

We already have a 9:10 seating for Minnie's breakfast (earliest I could get). I just called and the menu for Ariel's breakfast isn't great with DD#2's food allergies. So, we are sticking with Ariel's lunch (better menu for her). Its only 1 morning that will suck like this -- Sunday morning, the park opens at 8am, Tuesday morning we have breakfast at 9:10am with Minnie. So I just need to find something for us to do on Monday. Maybe DTD?

I've heard that there is a Lego store in DTD and also some toystore where they can get a bucket of Mr. Potatohead parts for $10. And, I think there is a build-a-bear.
    Melissa

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    We already have a 9:10 seating for Minnie's breakfast (earliest I could get). I just called and the menu for Ariel's breakfast isn't great with DD#2's food allergies. So, we are sticking with Ariel's lunch (better menu for her). Its only 1 morning that will suck like this -- Sunday morning, the park opens at 8am, Tuesday morning we have breakfast at 9:10am with Minnie. So I just need to find something for us to do on Monday. Maybe DTD?

I've heard that there is a Lego store in DTD and also some toystore where they can get a bucket of Mr. Potatohead parts for $10. And, I think there is a build-a-bear.
    You know, we never made it to DTD, but you might try the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique. Maybe it'll be open early on Monday and you can get makeovers for the girls? That should kill some time! It wasn't open yet when we were there. I think you have to call to make reservations.

I saw the Mr. Potatohead parts (Mickey ears etc.) at the toy store in DCA.

I was wondering about DD2's food allergies; at the princess lunch, they have a seafood cioppino entree and a fish entree. Will DD2 be okay if other people are eating cioppino and fish?
    Mom to two spunky kids

Here are some tips for the Disney California Adventure park (DCA):
    1. Bring swimsuits/water shoes/towels. There's a water play area for kids inside the Bug's Life park (Flik's Fair?)

2. The Bug's Life show is kind of scary (think big black spiders dropping down from the ceiling, mean hornets, and the feeling of ants/cockroaches crawling under your seats). I wish we had gone to the Muppets show instead.

3. The Aladdin show is great--we sat in the mezzanine and could see pretty well. Front row center of the mezzanine would have been *awesome*. If you sit in the orchestra, avoid the front left side. The big serpent pops up there and is *scary*.

4. In the Hollywood Pictures Backlot section, there's a little show on the street called "Drawn to the Magic" where animators have a "high-energy musical tribute to the magic of Disney animation." At the end of the show, Mickey Mouse, Woody, and Cinderella appear. If you follow them inside the building after the show, you can get in line for a short meet-and-greet. We didn't realize this was happening, so by the time we entered the building, the lines had been closed off to new people. Luckily, we already saw Cinderella at Ariel's Grotto, saw Mickey at Toontown, and my DDs don't care about Woody, but it would have been an easy way to find Cinderella and Mickey!
    Mom to two spunky kids

You know, we never made it to DTD, but you might try the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique. Maybe it'll be open early on Monday and you can get makeovers for the girls? That should kill some time! It wasn't open yet when we were there. I think you have to call to make reservations.?

OK, I just made rezzies for the Tuesday. BUT, would it be better to make them for the morning before we have lunch with Ariel????? Upside, she will look fab for photos. Downside, we were going to DCA on the day we have rezzies for Ariel (Monday). Tuesday is our second day at DL, so making a pitstop for hairstyling is no biggie. It was our day to do "extras".

I saw the Mr. Potatohead parts (Mickey ears etc.) at the toy store in DCA.?
    OK, will add that to the list for Monday in DCA. For some reason I thought it was in DTD, but I checked after reading your post. I think its call Engine Ears Toys??

I was wondering about DD2's food allergies; at the princess lunch, they have a seafood cioppino entree and a fish entree. Will DD2 be okay if other people are eating cioppino and fish?
    Yeah, she'll be OK with other people eating fish, just as long as they prepare whatever she eats with pans/utensils that haven't touched fish. Her numbers recently went down with fish so we are hoping (fingers crossed) that that is all good. I'll have a boatload of EpiPens anyway.

BTW, what is the deal with security when you enter the park? Are you searched?? I have to bring (numerous) EpiPens with us, as well as our own (safe) snacks. I have letters for both girls for the plane from their dr saying they need to travel with EpiPens. I would think that would be good enough?

Lastly, is there anywhere to get DD#1's haircut there? I thought there was, but I just asked when I booked into the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and they said no. Bummer. I promised DD#1 she could get her haircut there. Oh well, just as well, it needs to be long for her ballet recital at the end of May....
    Melissa

OK, I just made rezzies for the Tuesday. BUT, would it be better to make them for the morning before we have lunch with Ariel????? Upside, she will look fab for photos. Downside, we were going to DCA on the day we have rezzies for Ariel (Monday). Tuesday is our second day at DL, so making a pitstop for hairstyling is no biggie. It was our day to do "extras".
    Yes, I would do the makeover before lunch with Ariel. It'll be fun for her to look so beautiful in all the pics with the princesses. The two parks are so close together that it's easy to go back and forth. You really can parkhop.

OK, will add that to the list for Monday in DCA. For some reason I thought it was in DTD, but I checked after reading your post. I think its call Engine Ears Toys??
    Yes, that's the store. It's on your right-hand side when you enter DCA and is pretty close to the DCA entrance.

BTW, what is the deal with security when you enter the park? Are you searched?? I have to bring (numerous) EpiPens with us, as well as our own (safe) snacks. I have letters for both girls for the plane from their dr saying they need to travel with EpiPens. I would think that would be good enough?
    Security is easy. When you enter the plaza between DCA and DL, you have to go through bag check. Just open your bags for them to take a look. If you're doing Magic Morning on Sunday, be sure to line up at bag check even though there's no one there yet. Apparently, some people line up at the DL gates but then have to backtrack to bag check when the bag check people arrive.

Lastly, is there anywhere to get DD#1's haircut there? I thought there was, but I just asked when I booked into the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and they said no. Bummer. I promised DD#1 she could get her haircut there. Oh well, just as well, it needs to be long for her ballet recital at the end of May....
    I didn't look into haircuts. At Princess Fantasy Fair in DL, there is a makeover section too. I saw lots of little girls with face painting designs but didn't really pay attention to what they offer. I'm surprised BBB isn't offering haircuts.
    Last edited by spunkybaby; 04-05-2009 at 08:22 PM.
    Mom to two spunky kids

Photopass tip: When you go to Ariel's Grotto, your DDs will take a picture with Ariel, which will then be sold to you for $30. If you buy the print package (comes with a big picture and a few small pictures), you can add the Photopass number (printed on the edge of the big picture) to your Photopass account along with all the other Photopass cards you collect. So the Ariel's Grotto pictures will be added to your Photopass CD if you order one.
    Mom to two spunky kids

todzwife is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If I remember correctly, DTD has a build-a-bear if you get desperate for something to do. LOL!

Thanks! I changed the reservation to before lunch with Ariel. That way, DD#1 will be in her "finery" and won't want me to pay $200 for the "full on" princess regalia, LOL. I think DD#2 will be upset that she won't get any princess pampering, but they are apparently quite rigid about the child being age 3.
    Melissa

Thanks! I changed the reservation to before lunch with Ariel. That way, DD#1 will be in her "finery" and won't want me to pay $200 for the "full on" princess regalia, LOL. I think DD#2 will be upset that she won't get any princess pampering, but they are apparently quite rigid about the child being age 3.
    Maybe you can let DD#2 get the makeover at the Princess Fantasy Fair
    Mom to two spunky kids

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast