Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    cat is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default i am sick about my mistake too rinnie

Rinnie -- don't beat yourself up. I think that we all believed that it would be a convenient service during a very busy time in our lives. I keep thinking that I should have known better too -- I think that I have learned a very valuable (and expensive) lesson from all of this...I hope that we get refunded, but our time dealing with this mess will never be replaced. I just wanted you to know that I feel the same way you do -- know that you are not alone. Hope we get justice soon...

Talking

I agree that for me the convenience of not having to worry about buying diapers sounded more appealing than the price. I thought I would save some time but I ended up spending more time on this stupid thing. I also thought that I was helping a home based business or a small business and I liked the idea. I overlooked their initial mistake thinking they were still learning and will workout the problems and things will be smooth going forward. I am sure we are not the only ones to make this mistake so please don't blame yourself too much.

After closing my dispute paypal sent me an email to take a survey to rate their handling of the dispute and resolution system. They only got very dissatisfied ratings from me and I also told them that I would not be recommending them to anyone and will not use their service in future or not buy from anyone offering paypal as the only choice of payment. I am all for anti Paypal campaign too.

thank you cat.

I wish we could all face her directly and make a victim impact statement so she could see the faces of the families she has hurt in this tough economy.

akash109, thank you for your message too.

I am all for work at home moms. The unfortunate thing that Amy has done is put doubt in the minds of others. I had been hoping to start my own home-based business once my little ones are older. Now, I would not be comfortable trying to convince others that my business is viable especially when a thief such as Amy, was so charming to me. This experience has made me re-think my ideas for a home-based business and how people interact with others.

Anyways, let's hope for a positive end to this mess.

Rinnie - I don't think this incident should have any negative impact on your plans for home based business you have to make sure that you don't let it be a reason to hold you back. This should be a learning experience and you can avoid making the same mistake Amy did. She had a great idea (well I still think it is a great idea if it worked) but she turned it into a total disaster because of very very bad service and bad management. Have a well thought out plan with all the data about your product and start slow if you think you are going to fast slow down. I am sure that this experience is not going to make people stop buying from a home based business or an internet businesses. Start with Ebay before you venture out on your own with big plans. Ebay is still a great place to buy and sell with very little investment and very little expenses. Good Luck.

If you have not called the new hanover sheriffs office regarding your case please call today!!!

910-798-4260

inform them you need to file a complaint regarding newdiaperclub.com and amy galliher!

If you have already called please do not call again, i will provide updates as they become avaliable.

The more calls they get the better chance this has at being criminal!

Default thank you

akash109, thank you for this uplifting message.

Before I was introduced to Amy on Ebay, I had set up an Ebay account, initially to buy products for my family. Then, I got courageous enough to sell one or two household items and a handful of my kids' stuff. I successfuly sold about 19 items, and the response was encouraging. This mini success had me thinking about selling online baby products. I even communicated with another mom with a successful baby product website.

Then when this Amy fiasco arrived, I shelved the idea for my own baby business venture. Once this situation comes to a positive resolve, I'll reconsider my own business plans, but not for another year or so.

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by akash109 View Post
    Rinnie - I don't think this incident should have any negative impact on your plans for home based business you have to make sure that you don't let it be a reason to hold you back. This should be a learning experience and you can avoid making the same mistake Amy did. She had a great idea (well I still think it is a great idea if it worked) but she turned it into a total disaster because of very very bad service and bad management. Have a well thought out plan with all the data about your product and start slow if you think you are going to fast slow down. I am sure that this experience is not going to make people stop buying from a home based business or an internet businesses. Start with Ebay before you venture out on your own with big plans. Ebay is still a great place to buy and sell with very little investment and very little expenses. Good Luck.

Unhappy New Diaper Club

Det.Brendenbeck also contacted me this weekend. He has been in frequent contact with Amy's business attorney who is hoping to work on pro-rated refunds. Apparently there will be communication coming out to all clients with the steps to file a claim. The detective also said the DA will not approach as a criminal matter - it will need to be civil. I guess we'll see what happens.

re the email from the Det. from last night.

Does anyone know why Amy's Paypal account was frozen by Paypal? Was it because of Ebay complaints? Why didn't Amy reveal to the Det. the reason her account was frozen?

If she knew she had a problem in April, why did she not update her update and call people back. Why did she leave us hanging?

So we've potentially lost our money and we might have to incur further expenses to get what's rightfully ours back!!! That is so unfair.

What did Amy do our money? Did she spend it on spa treatments, on gambling, on Disney trips? What?? Where is she hiding the $100,000+?

Angry

I think paypal probably froze her account because there was suddenly too much money and it was coming too fast which is a certain red flag. They probably tried to contact her and she never replied to their email or phone calls as usual and that might have triggered a scam alert and they froze her account. But I am not sure if the detective made an effort to investigate the reason and the truth behind what Amy said about her paypal account becasue as we all know we can't believe a word she says.

Lets hope this attorney she hired will do something to fix the mess. I am not happy that the DA refused to take up our case. Why is it that the criminals can get all kinds of representation but the DA who is paid by the tax payer money to represent us will not pursue these criminals. Its sad that the police and detectives do all the hard work of catching criminals and the DA lets them walk away.

Angry

I am really disappointed when I read that email with the civil case. I too don't understand why she's not being charged.

If someone stole 2 items from a convenience store, they'd get arrested and charged. So why is the DA office letting her walk out when she has stolen over $100,000 from us? It upsets me. I also hope that the attorney comes through and gives us all our money back. And I hope that Amy has a red flag with her name and her SSN so that if she ever opens another business, we know that it is her. Ebay sadly doesn't flag criminals, so she could return easily with a different ID and a post office box.

I'm praying that this ends with all of us get our money back. If we got it back with interest, I'd be happier.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast