Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Your favorite BPA free bottle?

The last time we had a baby using bottles, it was Joshua with the old style Avent--BPA and all. YUCK. So now I need to figure what is the most user friendly/mom & baby favorite BPA free bottle out there, from among the popular brands. Cast your vote and tell me why or why not!

*Avent
    *Born Free--glass or plastic?
    *Dr. Borwn's--glass or plastic?
    *Playtex with drop-in liners?
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dr Browns ( currently) Jack switched from liking the Drop ins to Dr browns... We dont know why LOL
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've only tried the Born Free plastic ones, but DS really liked them. They have a pretty wide nipple but that's what he liked.

MCsMom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We tried Avent BPA-free, Dr. Brown's, Adiri.
    I actually bought the Soothie ones as well because DD liked their paci at first but we ended up not using those because they are not BPA-free.
    DD liked the Adiri (took us some getting used to but she had no problem) but liked the Avent even better. DH likes the Avent better as well.
    I breastfeed so DH has used the bottles more than I have (pumped milk).

I hope that helps!

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think baby decides. Gerber Nuk bottles are the only ones F will use so they are the ones I love. We tried glass dr. browns and the BPA free avents (came with the bpa free avent isis pump kit I bought) and it's a total waste of time. It's nuk or he will starve himself waiting for the breast again. Every baby is different. From a washing standpoint they are nice without a lot of parts and the wide neck is easy to wash. With the exception of the nipple, I think they are comparable to the avents pretty closely.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

I read somewhere that many people have had a problem with the new Avent bottles leaking, anyone here find that to be true?
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    I read somewhere that many people have had a problem with the new Avent bottles leaking, anyone here find that to be true?
    I really like the Avent bottles again since they went BPA free. People having problems with leaking as with the old ones are over tightening the cap. You turn the cap until it stops turning and that's it and leaking shouldn't be a problem.

We tried a couple before DD would accept one. She is a Dr. Brown's baby! Most of the others had too fast of flow for her.
    DSD - 4/98
    DS - 3/01
    DD - 4/08

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Born Free plastic. I tried Aidir (hated them because I couldn't get them to stop leaking and baby couldn't figure out how to use it either), Playtex dropins (DD didn't like its nipple but I'm sure I could try it again now that she's older), Medela (loved these in the beginning because they were so small but they only have standard sized nipples if that's a preference to you--or your babe).

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

SMNS is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

If someone could tell me how to keep the Dr. Browns from leaking, I'd love to know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast