Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SMNS View Post
    If someone could tell me how to keep the Dr. Browns from leaking, I'd love to know.
    Don't over tighen the cap stop tightening as soon as the cap has stopped turning and don't tighen anymore than that.

We rarely use bottles with DS, but are still using the only box of Sassy Mam bottles we purchased. With DD we probably went through 10 boxes of different bottles before settling on one. The Mams are cheap(ish), very easy to clean, and cute. I've read that you can use Avent nipples with them as well, but we haven't needed to try.

None of my picks are on your list:
    ---Used these with the pump esp. in the early stages: Medela or Evenflo glass
    ---Used these later on for larger size/faster flow and to supplement: Green to Grow (though they have smaller sizes and slow flow nipples too) and Gerber Gentleflow

Gentleflow are interchangeable with the old Avents - might be with the new ones too if the sizing hasn't changed. Though they look to be the same size as the Green to Grow, they aren't, so be warned.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

BPA free Avent, definitely. And the reason is very simple: less parts to wash! LOL

I got the Born Free ones at first because the nipple looks very similar to Avent and the lactation consultants at the Hospital recomend the Avent for breastfed babies. Also because when all the information about BPA came out, there weren't many options. And I like them but it's 2 extra parts to wash per bottle, and the simpler the better when you have a baby.

The Avents do leak if you overtighten them, but if not, they're fine. I didn't use them much the first 10 months, because I hardly ever left my BF baby with anyone. When we started to wean, we tried several brands and he liked the Avent and Born Free the best.

We use Nurture Pure glass bottles, which are great and have vented nipples, but aren't sold at Target, BRU, etc. I bought directly from their site. The bottles are reasonably priced, but shipping is sort of a pain since the glass bottles are heavy.

We have exclusively used the Born Free plastic bottles. The inserts for Venting System really do seem to cut down on gas. However, the Venting System adds two more pieces to wash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2