jayali is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Disney Cruise Anyone?

We have been to Disney the past two years and wanted to take a break. A friend of ours was talking about a Disney Cruise. DH and I decided if we can get a phenomenal deal then we would consider it. We would probably go in June - if we can get something.

Anyone been and want to share their experience. Is it worth it or should we just book disney for next spring?

Thought and honest comments greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check out a website Cruisecritic.com for more information than you ever wanted for cruises. They have boards for Disney cruise line and also for family cruises!

I've heard good things about this travel agency!

http://www.smallworldvacations.com/

I would highly suggest checking out Mousesavers, Disboards, all ears.net, mouseplanet etc for other info!

A side note... Disney Cruises are typically much more expensive than a cruise on a line like Royal Caribbean, Carnival etc. You do have all that Disney magic and people say that if your family/kids love Disney they will thoroughly enjoy a Disney Cruise. We are hoping to do a combined trip in a year or 2... 4 or 5 days at WDW and then a 4 day cruise on the Disney Cruise line. My kids have seen the vacation planning dvd and they have been asking to go for years!

Hope this is helpful!

One thing to consider about booking a cruise, is hurricane season. the cruise fares will be cheaper, but you could have ports or even the entire cruise canceled/rerouted due to a tropical storm or hurricane. Also, your entire trip may be rain, rain and more rain. There are plenty of things to do inside the boat should this happens, but just be aware.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

And yes, I agree that cruisecritic is a GREAT resourace for every cruise line, issue, and experience!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Do it!

We've been on several (5? 6?) Disney Cruises since 1999. We've always cruised in Hurricane season and only ever had 1 night of bad weather; the weather has always been gorgeous. Granted, it's a concern but the savings more than made up for it.

We're on DCL this August for the 7-Day Western Carib, hurricane season and i'll be watching the weather before we go! We always go into it knowing the cruise line won't put their ships, staff and passengers in danger so long as they can help it and they we might miss a port or two. Our first Disney Cruise was a week after Hurricane Floyd so we had to miss Castaway due to the damage but the cruise line made it an enjoyable day anyway.

DS had a great time on our last DC (Dec 07) and participated in the kids programming alot.

Do it!!