Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Bringing own stroller to WDW--which one?

DS will be 5 and DD will be 2 1/2. We are going in January 2010. I have a Mac Twin Rally and a BJCSD. We are driving, so there are no airline issues and we will make room for either one in the car (we are probably also going to have our quest). I have no idea where we are staying yet. If I don't end up bringing the BJCSD I am going to be selling it as I don't really need an AT double any longer. Which one would you bring? I know DD will ride in the stroller. I assume DS (at 5) will get tired and want to ride at some point daily.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would bring the Mac Twin.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I would bring the Mac Twin.
    We went when our DS was close to 3 and a Zippy was overkill. He wanted to walk mostly. The Volo is perfect for us because we can sling it on a shoulder until it's needed.

I wouldn't bring a double for a 5yo.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I agree with the Zippy overkill! Easy to open and close for transportation, but still too much stroller for my 3 yo DS. Also my 5 yo nephew had no interest in riding on the back- if he was tired, he wanted a ride.

I would say Mac Twin if you truly see your 5 yo wanting a lift on a regular basis, or consider a Volo for just your DD- if your 5 yo really wants a ride later in the day, you could always rent one- or find a nice person leaving the park and ask for theirs!

The problem with getting the rental is you have to leave it at the gate and you usually want it for the ride to the car late at nigh. It can easily be 30+ minutes from the park gate to your vehicle (especially at MK). If you stay until after fireworks, it could be over an hour to your car. That's a long time to hold or coerce a tired, cranky kid to walk.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Will I need a better basket than what the Mac has? Also, my Mac is hard to push with DS and DD in it (at the mall). Is MK flat (I can't remember). I know I can hang a diaper bag off the back and it won't tip (but not a big one).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

I carried a Land's End backpack. I'm an overpacker but it was still fine. If you don't have a backpack to take, I think a small bag would work. It just needs to be easy to carry or throw in the Mac.
    Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
    --Moses Maimonides

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I thought you've said before that Mac Rally Twin was a real bear to push. I'd take the BJ, personally, but I've never been to WDW with 2 kids. We don't like to walk long distances outside pushing anything other than air tires, so it would be an easy decision for me...

I went to WDW with a friend a few years ago and she had a Mac Twin that my (then) 5 year old and her 4 year old ended up in most of the time. It was not that bad to push IMO, but I'm not sure what model it was.

I would think that the convenience of ease of fold would be worth it. And WDW is very flat.

I'm really looking forward to taking DS and DD, but not looking forward to all the prep that goes into it. My parents took myself, my sister and my brother 3x when we were kids. I don't know how they did it.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast