Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    That's funny. That's actually a common reason people LOVE the Mountain Buggies. I can hose it out. Or at least quickly and easily wipe it out. To make it plush I put in some thick towels that I can take out and wash. I do have a snuzzler to use with it. But i realized that towels are easier, handier, and wash and dry more easily.

My Twin Everest is cushy and i wish it wasn't. Especially when I"m trying to clean up spilled juice and crushed, stuck on food or spilled formula.

Now that the boys are 3 and 5yo I still use the MBUD for walks (the weight limit on the MBUD is 120lbs.) and they usually are climbing out with their dusty shoes and are pretty rough on it. Just another reason to hate plush.

Anyway, I also feel better knowing the stroller wasn't made it China. In 5 years it has never broken. Besides it still comes down to this- I've driven them both and I still think the MBUD drives better. Can you tell I just love my baby, um I mean, stroller??
    That's great. Now you are making me rethink my decision! The canopies were really important for me tough because I have a newborn. I also use the snuzzler. That thing is awesome!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ariveraz View Post
    That's great. Now you are making me rethink my decision! The canopies were really important for me tough because I have a newborn. I also use the snuzzler. That thing is awesome!
    Oops. I"m sorry. Just got a little carried away, ya know? I agree about the snuzzler. I love it too. I used it all the time with Gator in his MBUS. Ah, that was such a simpler time.....
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

We have a double snap n' go, which has been great for going to the dr.'s office, church, etc. but we also have a baby trend double jogger (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2796629). I looked at the other links to double strollers and they don't seem to have anything extra or better than the baby trend but they cost quite a bit more. Is there something bad I don't know about the stroller I have or can I ask why other moms chose the strollers they did? I love the baby trend jogger, the ride is super smooth. I do have to use two hands to steer, which is fine for me. I just want to make sure it wasn't recalled or something since I have never seen it mentioned on this forum.
    Heather ~

Connor and Addi (8/08)

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We had a double snap and go when they were little. We then bought the Baby Jogger City Series Double (I guess the classic, it was before the others came out!). I LOVE my BJ. I chose it over the Valco and the MBUD because of the fold. We store ours in the car so I have to fold and unfold it almost every day. (There is a video out there that shows how easy it is). It steers really well - perhaps the MBUD is better, I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by la mama View Post
    I just want to make sure it wasn't recalled or something since I have never seen it mentioned on this forum.
    Heather! I have actually been thinking about you and wondering how you & the kiddos were doing. Haven't seen you on the board in awhile.

Nothing at all wrong with the Baby Trend you have. I think that some of the others (BJ, MB & the like) are just *nicer* in some ways - like you mentioned, you can't steer yours with one hand, the others you can. I actually had my boys in the Baby Trend (my friend bought one on a recommendation from you guys - I posted about this several months ago) and it steers fine, but then I drove another friend's BJ and it had even better steering! And they have some other perks, too - suspension, cool fold, nicer hoods, stuff like that.

We are still using the snap & go as my girls still fit in the infant seats. We also have a Valco trimode twin & BJCM double. We alternate between the 3 depending on where were going. The Valco has the smoothest ride of the 2 SBS's but it is a PAIN to lift in & out of the SUV.

Default Not a stroller junkie...

I had a double snap-n-go until the girls were 9 months old (they're 10 mos now) which I loved until the very end.

A Chicco single umbrella stroller that I've used once when I had to take one of the girls to the doctor's alone.

And my beloved BJCMD. Love, love, love it! I was torn between this and the Elite (I would have gotten last year's model so they'd be pretty much the same price) and I'm glad I went with the Mini. So easy to toss in the trunk! I can't imagine needing another stroller, this one is perfect!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I've had about 7 so far (pathetic) but have finally found the final stroller Baby Jogger City Double (one from a couple years ago). Before that I had the DuoGlider, the DuoRider, Kolcraft Doubles, Eddie Baeur, I want to say, and a Safari Double jogging something or other.
    If I could do it again, I would just freakin' spend the money in the beginning on a good one.

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Started with a Double Snap N Go. A bit clumsy to handle, but not as bad as I expected. Still use it when out in the van, though the SafeSeats are getting a little heavy.

Recently got a BOB Rev Dualie, using it for neighborhood walks. Love it! Can't wait until next month, when I can use it to start running again!

Probably want one more, something like an umbrella stroller -- for shopping and such. The BOB is a little wide for that...
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

chinook is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Duoglider for errands etc. I looked forever at side by sides once they were out of their bucket seats but nothing ever seemed "perfect" so I just stuck with the duoglider.

Chariot CX2 for runs/walks/dog walks - LOVE that thing. I usually use the "strolling" wheels for the maneuverability. The infant slings were fabulous when they were tiny. I could zip them up in there in foul weather and they were nicely protected from the elements.

Now we use the wagon alot, they love that dang wagon. I still jam them in the duoglider for errand at the mall etc., though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast