Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh, I meant to mention this too. Way to go, Karen, on becoming a Zumba instructor. A friend of mine who is fighting her weight has been raving about this and offered me a free pass to try one of her classes at the YMCA. I saw her last night and she was showing me a little of it and it looks soooo fun!!! I'm thinking I might try it with her this weekend. I've always loved to dance so this is kind of exciting.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yay for everyone! I did some basic stretches last night and we went for a walk around the neighborhood, although it was very relaxed pace. Lisa, you are right about the exercise and I really need to pull my pilates dvd out again, because I was really enjoying it.
    Yesterday went well diet wise. I had only fruit, a smoothie, and steamed veggies until dinner. Then I had leftover veggie pizza as we'd planned but it is homemade and pretty healthy. I had a TINY cup of ice cream (like a kiddie scoop in a 4 oz cup) but at least I didn't break my rules about eating after dinner. (slight justification: we already had the ice cream but we won't be buying more)
    I also did good with my water and bought a couple of lemons and limes. Today I have our glass pitcher in the fridge with a couple slices lemon, lime, orange and a strawberry or two in there. It looks so pretty I feel confident I will drink more!

Jenn850 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I am so in! I am in for your list and for the handful of almond in the evening. I am going to try and run every day if it is only two miles!

I have to get serious, I have ten pounds of baby weight on top of the ten pounds I was up when I got pregnant. I promised myself I would look good for this musical I was in openning when DD was four months. I worked so hard until the costume fitting... and then relaxed on the rest. Now I might be up for an award... I have to look good for the ceremony in June!! I need help. Not to mention my husband (God bless him he has 30lbs baby weight and I said we should get back in shape before starting on the next baby... and I want more!

I am the cook and the shopper around here so I feel resonsible for the diet! We can do this!

If it wasn't earth day I would say BURN the Easter Candy!!!! Whoo Hoo!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I must have been holding water weight because I was down 6lbs since Monday (which I had been 5lbs heavier than normal and was freaking out!!). So, while I am still a bit over my goal I am much closer!

I went to the gym Monday and just walked 2 miles. Yesterday I had tap class which wasn't that impressive of a workout. Today I did the treadmill for almost 40 minuts and went more than 3 miles!! Yay! Followed that with weights, abs, stretching and sitting in the heavenly steam room. Diet wise? Eh. Could be better but could be much. much worse! I did drink more water yesterday. So far so good!

Keep it up, everyone!!!

Beth

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

re: Zumba videos, I think the videos are probably good, as far as exercise videos go. But I am not an at home workout kind of person, and there's not a great space or great floor surface in our house for dancing.

You should try a class! A lot of gyms have free trials (ours does a one week trial) and a lot of instructors have drop-ins for classes outside of gyms. The thing is, if you are moving and enjoying the music you are all good. It's supposed to be fun, and it's not about getting the moves perfect.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

tap class sounds like fun!

I am sick and not exercising this week, I think I am losing weight while sick fwiw.

I started at 170, now I'm at 165 and my goal is maybe 140-150.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Well, yesterday DH ate ice cream in front of me. But I totally ignored it.

BTW, the fruity water is definitely helping me drink more.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hmmm, if it were ME in your situation, I"d me a little miffed that he ate that in front of me ESPECIALLY since you both had that serious talk about losing weight. I'd let him know it bothered me. Then, if he did it again, I'd just forget to buy ice cream next time I was grocery shopping. Oops!

Otoh, you could budget for those calories. That's what I do sometimes. Instead of eating something during the day, save those calories for ice cream with your DH at night.

Keep exercising and that ice cream won't seem as a appealing. At least, that's what I've noticed since I started walking. I just dont want to ruin those good workouts, kwim?

YOU CAN DO IT! Hang in there.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yes, but I'm not that annoyed since we bought the ice cream before the BIG TALK so he might as well eat it up, since I won't buy anymore, ykwim? I was strong and ate one of those organic lollipops to make it up to myself.

I have never once counted calories (I feel like I'm admitting some kind of horrible women-sin) and have no idea how to do that (so I could do the budgeting thing). No doubt it would shed some light on the weight pattern.

So how do you guys keep track of calorie intake? Like I had a muffin this morning....how do I know how much it counts since I made it myself?

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I read somewhere once that the single biggest thing you can do to lose weight is to keep a food diary. Actually having to write down every single morsel that goes in your mouth makes a lot of people accountable.

I don't know that you really need to count calories, but making a food diary would help. It is hard to count calories when you make almost all your food from scratch. And watching portion sizes. Portion sizes and snacks are what always kill me.

About a year ago DH was using fitday.com and had a lot of success with that. There are other on-line programs too.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast