Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    OK, very late to this but I am inspired by you guys (also by the dream I had last night in which I was a hippo) and putting down my commitment.

DD pointed at a hippo in a book recently and said "Mama". I tried for at least half an hour to discern the reason this picture evoked thoughts of me. It wasn't a mother hippo, no babies or other hippos insight, and it was a gross huge black and white photo, not a cute cartoon version with flowers around it or anything.

It was semi-funny at the time but I don't think I will ever forget that....

I'm happy to have gotten a lot of responses on this thread! This week has gone pretty well for me. According to the scale, I've lost 2 lbs, but who knows the validity of that.

However, I feel very proud of myself, I have made some huge changes and if I keep up with this for a couple more weeks, I feel like I will be escaping some of the habits and cravings (especially soda and late-night snacking). It has been easier than I thought it would be this week, and I think if we keep reporting back to this thread it could be a long-term change. Yay for us!

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post

DD pointed at a hippo in a book recently and said "Mama". I tried for at least half an hour to discern the reason this picture evoked thoughts of me. It wasn't a mother hippo, no babies or other hippos insight, and it was a gross huge black and white photo, not a cute cartoon version with flowers around it or anything.

It was semi-funny at the time but I don't think I will ever forget that....

I'm happy to have gotten a lot of responses on this thread! This week has gone pretty well for me. According to the scale, I've lost 2 lbs, but who knows the validity of that.

However, I feel very proud of myself, I have made some huge changes and if I keep up with this for a couple more weeks, I feel like I will be escaping some of the habits and cravings (especially soda and late-night snacking). It has been easier than I thought it would be this week, and I think if we keep reporting back to this thread it could be a long-term change. Yay for us!
    Yaaaay you!!! I hiked 3 miles today and join the gym tomorrow to start the C25K

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    LOL. Made me think of the dreams I had of being gloriously beautiful and toned in my bikini when I was 8 months pregnant with DC1. Those were some goooood dreams.
    If you figure out what makes you have dreams like that, let me know. My dreams alternate between ones like the one I mentioned and ones where I'm running after DD and DS with a tooth brushes trying to get them to brush. Sigh.

I just did this Hula dvd for the first time
    http://www.amazon.com/Island-Dance-F...0852611&sr=8-1
    I like it. It was hard to do physically (well, for me), but not hard to follow. It was pretty fun, and I am now exhausted. I think this will be good for me to alternate with the pilates dvd.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Zumba, baby!

I taught last night for the first time after 10 days off, and it was fun. Going to the gym this morning, woo!!!
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

As for dreams I had a dream last night about Michelle Obama and the oldest, is that Sascha? I was giving swimming lessons, except I wasn't me in the dream. I was someone else, a swim teacher.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Ok, I am totally discouraged. I am exactly, to the half-pound, back to my highest unpregnant weight ever. I had lost several pounds, and things were going well. Then last week we went to the beach, and although I really didn't eat very badly, I just got out of my healthy habits. And then I got this cursed cold that is going on it's second week. I can't help drinking soda and stuff when my throat is killing me and I can't stop coughing, ykwim? And then mother's day came around and we went out to eat....and being sick just makes me stressed which makes me want to eat. And I'm starting to think that going off Prozac was a mistake because I am wanting to eat more.
    SOOOOOooooo basically I feel like a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Ok, I am totally discouraged. I am exactly, to the half-pound, back to my highest unpregnant weight ever. I had lost several pounds, and things were going well. Then last week we went to the beach, and although I really didn't eat very badly, I just got out of my healthy habits. And then I got this cursed cold that is going on it's second week. I can't help drinking soda and stuff when my throat is killing me and I can't stop coughing, ykwim? And then mother's day came around and we went out to eat....and being sick just makes me stressed which makes me want to eat. And I'm starting to think that going off Prozac was a mistake because I am wanting to eat more.
    SOOOOOooooo basically I feel like a failure.
    Don't. You're not a failure unless you give up for good (and we'll still love you anyway ). You were sick. Sickness happens. Think of this as 'taking a break' and hop right back up and on.

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It's hard no to get discourage, but think of the overall picture. You have made positive changes in your life and they will carry you through, no matter what your scale says.

I never joined the thread last month but wanted to share that I joined a Curves in my area that was running a one month promotion. I didn't want to tell anyone except DH and was hoping for people to notice. I only have a few days left on it and a big NADA. I gave up my one coke per day, have been drinking more water, eating better (not great all the time but definitely different than before). I have been working out there at least 4 times per week and am so bummed that nothing has happened. but, I keep telling myself that , overall , I have made positive changes in my life.

It does suck and on tuesday , I am going to just tell them I am done and try a local gym or home (I have a treadmill and videos). this is the first time in my life I have tried to lose and didn't lose anything. Just a few years ago I did WW and lost 5 pounds the first week.

It can be hard, but we are all doing good things for ourselves and that matters!
    you'll be fine once you feel better and can go right back to your progress.
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5