Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Since you are borrowing a Marathon to travel. I assume you need the carseat at your destination. Then i would suggest the Go Go Kidz TravelMate. It attaches to Britax carseats so you can roll it as a luggage - with baby on it too! see pic http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...products&img=2

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just got back from Maui. Scenera made a great travel seat. Just bring a pool noodle or some rolled up towels to help with the install. Chevy Uplander is quite roomy, but man is it markedly worse overall than competing vans.

That said, you said you're borrowing a Marathon when you get there? I'd just have him as a lap baby then. I know the car seat advocates will wanna skin me for this, but I'm just not that worried about safety on an airplane. I see car seats on planes as good for fussy babies cuz they tend to be a LOT calmer when strapped into a car seat. They're used to having to sit still for longer periods of time when strapped into a car seat.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Safe to travel by air in bucket car seat if head is close to top of shell?

Thanks for all the replies - DS will have his own seat for our flight - the first and only time DS has flown we had a very turbulent flight - I told myself it wasn't worth the risk to not get him his own seat. We'll see how he does in the car seat this time. DS still fits in his bucket seat - his head is just at the logo now so we should be fine unless he hits a really big growth spurt. I'm assuming that although it would be safe to use a bucket seat in a car if there are less than 3 inches from the top, it would be ok to use it for air travel. Am I wrong in this assumption?

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You're fine. The rule is 1 inch from the top of the shell. An airplane doesn't have stricter rules than a car. We're lucky an airplane has any rules and allows car seats at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2