Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thank you all for your great tips! I really appreciate it! We'll be crossing the border at Sarnia this Saturday so I'm hoping that traffic won't be too bad. DH found that it's faster this way instead of going through Detroit/Windsor. Yes, we'll be staying on the Canadian side of the Falls...were originally planning on going on Monday, but may go on Tuesday instead because of the holiday. As for Ontario Place, I have great memories from my childhood. I noticed on their website that there's a lot of water activities for kids. Is it worth going to if the weather isn't warm enough for a swimsuit?
    -Kris

DD 9/2006

If you're coming through Chicago you'll be coming up on 94. The crossing at Sarnia/Port Huron is off 69/96 so you'll have to take quite a jag out of your way as you approach Detroit (don't know whether you were planning on turning north at AA on 23 or once in Detroit, or are you going up 131 from Kzoo to GR and then over on 96?... either way, this is going to slow you down).

Looping north through Detroit to cross at Port Huron will bring you onto the 402 at Sarnia which will then have to work its way back down again to the 401 to get you to TO. Unless there is some funky Detroit construction - and when isn't there? That's going to add at least an hour if not more to your travel time - not subtract from it. I would actually estimate that it could add up to 2 hrs for you to cross at Sarnia originating in Chicago depending on traffic. I'd consider crossing via the tunnel at Detroit/Windsor instead (the Ambassador is in the hood, so don't do that!). I am originally from MI and make that trip quite frequently so I've done it any number of ways. The only reason I cross at Sarnia is that I need to be on 96 because I am going north - whereas you are coming from the south.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2