kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Siblings sharing a room- storage question

If your children share a room how do you organize all thier clothes? We are moving DS2 into DS1's room and there is not enough room for both thier dressers. Do you have 1 big dresser? 2 little ones? Something else? Pics would be great!

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have 2 dressers. Both are average size 6 drawer chests. The only reason they fit in the small room is because we have a loft bed. They each have their own rod in the closet (one of this spilt organizer things). I use the shelves for toys.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When my oldest 2 shared a room I had captains beds for them they both had 4 drawers under their bed. I only needed one regular dresser and they used a lot of the closet for "kid" storage.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We took the doors off of the closet and put one of the dressers in the closet. Boys don't need much hanger space

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DDs wear matching outfits almost 95% of the time. I keep wondering how things are going to shift as they start to want to have more"ownership" of their own items, dress differently and have more choices.
    I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
    I do really like the closet organizers that give a second clothes bar below with a shelf above, if that makes sense. I can't seem to find the one we have on Amazon, but I'd be glad to take a pic of the closet after the kiddos wake up if you're interested in seeing it.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Good question....I'm going through the same thing as we pack DS1's room with stuff for DS2. Yikes.

We're planning on captain's drawers under the twin bed that will eventually become bunks. I'm looking at adding a chest in addition to the 7 drawer dresser I have in there already, but I'm not certain how the space configuration will play out...

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ohhh...good thread! My DDs share a room. They have separate closets, one armoire, and a bookshelf. I cannot create a system that works for us...looking forward to the responses!!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!