Default Potty recs for TALL kid

My son is only 2.5yrs old, but he is already +40 inches tall and 40lbs. Seems the potty and/or potty seats we've picked up are small for him.

Anyone else having this issue and/or found larger than normal potty and/or potty seat?

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For our tall child (41" at age 3) we used the Born toilet insert with a simple Born stool. DC did wonderfully with it. The only problem was when we were out and I had to bring the potty insert with us since the portable potty that I had for the car was too small. I had a tote that the insert fit it perfectly that I carried many places... We had four inserts (one for each of our two bathrooms, one for grandma's, and one for travel). It was a little pricey, but well worth it.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

By that size, my kids used the adult one. A stool to stand on helps.
    Kris

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    By that size, my kids used the adult one. A stool to stand on helps.
    Yep, once DC had mastered the potty, we quickly moved on to using the adult toilet without an insert. However, the insert gives a much more stable seat so there is less fear of "falling in". With taller kids, it's difficult not to push too hard and expect more than a smaller child. We found a seat insert to be a wonderful tool for those first few months until DC figured out how to balance on the adult toilet.