Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would either stop with the bottles or just reduce the amount in each bottle. And if he needs it to nap, drop it at mealtimes and offer water instead. Also offer milk after food and not milk before food. If left to his own devices, T would have drank all his calories from milk but we just limited him to small cups at certain times of day.

If you decide to drop the bottle, I really recommend just going to a cup and not a sippy.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

He does drink water from a sippy cup at meal times, when he's done eating or almost done then he has his bottle, sometimes he'll eat more after his bottle.

After I move ( this weekend ) & we're all settled I will start to only give bottles in the morning, nap bedtime, good idea.

thanks
    Traci

Mom to Sydney Nicole & Jacob Hunter

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Try not offering a bottle or cup until after his meal. Lots of kids fill up on milk during a meal. You may get him to eat more that way.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Rather than go through hassle of bottle weaning right now on top of a move, I would just cut the amount offered at each meal/bottle in half.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My younger DS was a bottle lover and I did not wean him from until he was 2 and biting off the nipples (choking hazard!).

But I had the same issue that around 1 year he was drinking a lot of milk - probably same as yours. My ped insisted I take the bottle and was a bit harsh about how I may be harming him. I knew we were not at a time or place to give up the bottle. I just started giving him less in each bottle and tried to be very aware of giving him something to eat prior to the bottle. This helped since he was not always full from the milk.

To this day I have to watch his milk consumption because he loves it and it does effect his appetite.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2