HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Weather at Disney in January?

Was is the average day vs. night temp that far north in FL in January. My mother lives in Pembroke Pines which is between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and even in the winter we wear shorts during the day and maybe crop pants and a light jacket at night. I'm trying to figure out how much summer vs. fall/winter items I will need for DD and DS.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We went a few years back mid-Jan.. One day it would be 80 and sunny and the next 60 and rainy. I'd bring layers.

Beth

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You definitely need layers. Bring a jacket and think capris more than shorts and you'll be fine. For the kids, I always pack a pair of long pants and a jacket/sweatshirt for them to slip into if it's colder than we thought.

Did you ever decide on a hotel?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Beth, not yet. We are attempting to coordinate with family as far as hotels go. I'm thinking though that we will stay at one of the cheaper options on-site so that my mother can do something with the kids while we are 30 miles away at a wedding over the weekend.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

We were there the last week of Jan this year and we had one day in the low 80s, most in the 70s and 2 in the 50s.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

We went a couple of years ago in January and it was really nice. Definitely bring layers and I agree with PP that suggested capris over shorts.

Have a great time!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

We were there a couple years ago in late January and the days were nice, 60-70 degrees, but in the early morning waiting for the shuttle buses and at night I got very cold. It was a great excuse to buy a nice soft disney sweatshirt. Definitely bring layers and a jacket for everyone. January was my favorite time to go because of the weather and very low crowds. I think our worst ride wait time was about 30 minutes, but most of the time we had 5 minute lines. It was great!

They had record or near-record cold this year. We were there in mid-January and the first day it was 80, but the other days were in the 60's with lows at night down to the 40's and those weren't the record-setting lows either.

It was somewhat amusing to see the lifequards dressed in heavy jackets.