Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default What are some toys that your 18mo daughters enjoy?

After reading another thread, i realized that Sisi really doesn't have many toys of her own. She plays with her older brothers' Take Along Thomas trains, cars, trucks, Cars characters, Transformers, Lincoln Logs, etc. I'm thinking that maybe she'd be really entertained and intrigued by something else but I'm kind of drawing a blank. She loves animals- she's always pointing to them in books and magazines. She also loves to get dressed and try on other clothes and outfits.

What are some favorite toys of 18 month old girls?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Corolle Tidoo was for sure when DS came home from the hospital.

We got DD both the Corolle Calin Yang and Choquette Kim (we're Asian so both of those are the Asian version) sometime around then (though the Choquette Kim came later, I think for her 2nd birthday). I also got her a little toy stroller she could put her dolls in and she'd walk all the way to the park in it. She also loved dress-up clothes and long colorful scarves. In the summer/spring, she loved the water table and the Cozy Coupe.

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Currently, she likes the Corolle dolls and is crazy about a Melissa and Doug toy. It's a set of 4 or 5 bottles with magnetic lids. Usually she just wants to do what big sis is doing.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Corolle Calin doll
    FP Little People dollhouse
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Little People farm
    Dressup trunk with princess clothes, shoes, necklaces, scarves
    Non breakable tea party set

mommyp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Definitely Corolle Calin doll, that's been her favorite for awhile.
    FP Little People Farm
    A stuffed panda from the zoo (but other animals too, animal books are big right now!)
    She really loves dancing too, so I'm thinking some playsilks/scarves would be fun for dressup and dancing.
    DD January 2008
    DS September 2011

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Barbie dolls. Seriously. DD#2 started playing with them as soon as she could! Obviously, I had to keep the little parts away from her, but soon gave up on that too.

She also LOVES the Rose Petal Cottage and accessories. So does DD#1. SHe also likes the Little People toys.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    Barbie dolls. Seriously. DD#2 started playing with them as soon as she could! Obviously, I had to keep the little parts away from her, but soon gave up on that too.
    You know, my mom and I saved all my Barbie Dolls and all their accessories from when I was a kid. And I was always very, very careful not to lose shoes or those rings that poked into their hands (do they still have those?). They are all wrapped up and waiting for Sisi. I absolutely CANNOT wait to play Barbies with her, if she'll let me one day!!! I can't get them out of storage now though, because Greenbean would certainly eat some of their tiny accessories.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Play kitchen
    Stroller
    Dolls (she loves dolls)
    purses (the girl LOOOOOVED purses at that age)
    At 2 she got more into big bro's trains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast