Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Uppa G-Luxe or Mac Triumph?

Hi!

We're trying to choose a light umbrella stroller for our 5 month old. We'd like it to fold compactly, and generally be a good stroller. We've narrowed it down to the UppaBaby G-Luxe or the Maclaren Triumph.

Any advice to help us decide?

Thanks,
    Emily

ebjw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I keep getting torn between the two as well, and need to pull the trigger soon... I'm leaning towards the Triumph, as it seems sturdier than the G-Luxe. The 2009 Triumphs have come out, and they are $189 compared to $159 for the G-Luxe... I'm still leaning towards the Triumph despite the higher price tag and the fact that I love my Uppa Baby Vista... ooh, but I like the color selections better for the G-Luxe...

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Triumph has been my main everyday errand, dr., travel stroller since DD was 3 mos. old. I'd buy another Triumph in a heart beat; I love my Triumph a lot. You'll be spoiled by the small fold of the MAC. The only think I have heard here about the G Luxe is that a few months back here is that the fabric isn't nearly as nice as the Triumph.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm having the same dilemma. I'll need a daycare stroller in a few months and can't decide between the Triumph/Quest or the G-Luxe. I love my Vista, and I hear so many mixed things about the Maclarens depending on the features for certain patterns and years.

I've seen both in the store and didn't notice a big difference between the fabrics. I like that the G-Luxe folds with a finger switch and stands upright, seems like it would be easy to fold while waiting for a bus with a baby in one arm. I've heard very little feedback on the G-Luxe and the negatives didn't really sound that valid to me. But I'm having trouble committing to one or the other, so waiting until I really need it.

Hoping to hear more feedback from others.

I can fold my Maclaren while holding my daughter, and it has a carrying strap which is very useful. I have only used my Mac on metro type trains and never had to fold it on a bus so I can't help there. Did you do a search on this forum for Uppa G Luxe?
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

I got the UppaBaby G-luxe! I was really impressed with how it handled. I didn't try a Mac Triumph b/c they didn't have them to try. I like the sun shade on the g-luxe, and I have heard great things about their customer service!

Thanks for your input!
    Emily

Oh great, hope you enjoy your stroller. I have only emailed Uppa about my Vista and yes the customer service is great!
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by *Emily* View Post
    I got the UppaBaby G-luxe! I was really impressed with how it handled. I didn't try a Mac Triumph b/c they didn't have them to try. I like the sun shade on the g-luxe, and I have heard great things about their customer service!

Thanks for your input!
    Emily
    That's good to hear that it handles well, its hard to tell in the store. How easy/difficult is the fold? When folded, do the wheels touch the sunshade? That's something that bugs me with the Maclarens, bc so many of the new models have white sunshades.

There aren't a lot of threads about the G-Luxe on this board, I've been watching for info for a while. Any feedback you can provide is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by BayGirl2 View Post
    That's good to hear that it handles well, its hard to tell in the store. How easy/difficult is the fold? When folded, do the wheels touch the sunshade? That's something that bugs me with the Maclarens, bc so many of the new models have white sunshades.

There aren't a lot of threads about the G-Luxe on this board, I've been watching for info for a while. Any feedback you can provide is appreciated!
    A white sun shade? I don't think I have ever seen that white/silver except on the Volo. My Maclaren Triumph (06) has a light green sunshade and all of the newer models seem to be a lot darker than my green one.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

ebjw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The G-Luxe "triumphed" over the Triumph!
    But wow, was it hard to find in the Chicagoland area! They are in high demand and on backorder.
    Ok, here's what sold me on the G-Luxe after finally doing a side by side comparison:
    - stands on it's own when folded
    - handles don't touch the sunshade, which makes it easier to grab it by the handles (when folded)
    - wheels don't touch the sunshade when folded
    - fold was super easy - don't need your feet (yes, the Triumph was easy too)
    - better color choices (we got the black one - Jake)
    - mesh like seat to keep baby cool
    - bigger wheels than Triumph
    - $30 cheaper, but doesn't come with rain cover like Triumph does
    - comes with a cupholder
    We'll be trying it out this weekend. I'm super excited with my choice!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast