Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Honda Accord and Britax Boulevard

I just purchase a Britax Boulevard for my 14 month old and we are going to continue to keep her rear-facing for awhile. The Boulevard is a nice sturdy safe carseat but I think it may be too big to be able to fit another carseat in the back. Is there anyone that has any advice on what to do? We will be having another in about a year and I am not planning on buying a new car anytime soon. I bought the Boulevard on albeebaby for $229 and I know they charge a restocking fee and having to ship it back. I also was wondering i was told that the manufacture date was going to be 2/09 but when i received the carseat it was 10/08 is this something i can complain about?? I would love it if someone could guide me in the right direction...what other carseat can fit in the backseat RF with my Boulevard?? thanks!

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you put the Boulevard outboard, you can fit just about any seat back there with it. We have an Accord and I usually have two seats back there. Getting three across or one center and one outboard is more tricky, but can be done with the right seats.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Default question again

so the boulevard is okay then? I was thinking of either getting a radian or a marathon..would this work?

We have an Accord and a CRV (which is a bit narrower across the back than the Accord) and can fit our BV forward facing next to a rear facing Marathon or a Safeseat 1, leaving room for a small person in the back with the 2 seats. As PP said, you can put any other seat in the back w/ the BV if you put them both outboard. The Marathon really isn't any narrower then the BV (at least it doesn't seem like it - I haven't actually measured). The Radian is definitely narrower, but I don't think it is necessary to get 2 seats in a CRV.
    Last edited by momtojack; 06-03-2009 at 07:45 PM.

DH drives an Accord Coupe. You can fit a second seat back there without a doubt, you just have to put both in the outboard position.

However, we can get 3 across in ours, and it's a coupe nonetheless! A Marathon outboard, a Radian in the center, and a Snugride (without the base) in the other outboard position. The base does not fit, but that's 3 across!

So you can definitely do 2. The 4 door sedan is probably even wider in the back.
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 2thbrat View Post
    so the boulevard is okay then? I was thinking of either getting a radian or a marathon..would this work?
    The Marathon and the Boulevard are exactly the same size side to side and front to back, the only difference is in the features like headrest and harness. They are the same shell size. If one fits, the other will.

Any of the big Britax seats will fit in the Accord. If you need two seats, no issues at all, just each would be outboard. If you need 3 across, you may or may not be able to do it depending on the other two seats.

We have 2 seats in the back of our Camry, and can do a third if needed and if we put T in something besides the Regent.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

So i am thinking for the second seat that I will purchase a Radian..are there every any deals for these carseats? Or are there any other carseats that are just as safe but for less expensive and will fit? We eventually want three kids and hope to keep this car. So i think a Blvd,and 2 radians would work?? Thanks for all your help...

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The older DOM would irritate me, I'd call them and have them send you a shipping label and have them send a seat with the DOM that you were told you were getting, that older DOM is taking almost 10 months off the life of the seat.

I've heard they are pretty good about things like this.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have an Accord, and we currently have a Marathon and a Roundabout back there, both outboard. When Arwyn was an infant the Roundabout was outboard, and the infant seat was in the center. When #3 comes the infant seat will be in the middle, and the 2 Britaxes will be outboard. Then we'll get a Radian and stick it in the center
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

We have 2 Boulevards in our Camry, both forward facing and on the sides. We've been very happy with the arrangement and the seats are so easy to adjust if someone needs to trade seats or take someone else's kid. Of course there's no way to fit in a 3rd seat back there (although we have managed to buckle in some small hipped adults in the middle!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast