Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default UppaBaby Vista bassinet for sleeping

Hello! If you have an UppaBaby Vista, did you use the bassinet for primary sleeping at the beginning? If so, did you keep it on the stroller, put it on the floor, or use some kind of stand? (Or some other alternative)

We'd like to do this for the first few weeks at least, I'm just having trouble with the logistics. Pregnancy brain!

I'm due end of August and hoping to do the same thing-use my Uppababy bassinet as the primary sleeping in the first few weeks, my crib is set to arrive towards mid/end of sept. I've done some research and although Uppa doesn't say fully you can use as main bed, many on the BB boards mentioned they did use or hoped to use. I would love to talk to someone who IS actually doing this now. I was thinking we'd actually keep the bassinet connected to the stroller so we could move from room to room.

we had the older bassinet set from peg perego. was DS bed tll he got too long. at night we had it on the stoller pulled up rght next t the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SFgirl10 View Post
    I'm due end of August and hoping to do the same thing-use my Uppababy bassinet as the primary sleeping in the first few weeks, my crib is set to arrive towards mid/end of sept. I've done some research and although Uppa doesn't say fully you can use as main bed, many on the BB boards mentioned they did use or hoped to use. I would love to talk to someone who IS actually doing this now. I was thinking we'd actually keep the bassinet connected to the stroller so we could move from room to room.
    This is exactly what we are doing!
    She was a preemie, so at 6 months she is still fitting easily in the Uppa bassinet. She sleeps there all night. It rocks because if she is fussy we can walk her around the block to put her to sleep and we don't have to move her when we get home. We have barely used our baby monitor either because we just wheel her in to our bedroom with us at the end of the night. I am dreading transitioning her to her crib......

eda is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

We have the Uppa Vista and love it. Although in 6 months Ive had to brake out the Gorilla Glue twice to fix the frame.

DO NOT use the bassinet by itself the sides are not sturdy enough and can suffocate a baby, only use it in the stroller. I use a bassinet sheet over the mattress. it fits perfectly. If you are planning to use it by it self choose a different stroller bassinet that has sturdier sides.

ziggy is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default tell me more

Can you tell me a little more about this? I was considering using the Uppa baby bassinet for sleep - either as a standalone or by putting into the co-sleeper...but what do you mean it isn't sturdy? The sides collapse inwards? Can the baby pull the sides down?

Question Uppa baby bassinet

Has anyone used the Uppa baby bassinet (with the baby) inside the crib? My friend did this with a moses basket for the first few months when she was moving her sleeping infant around.

This was mentioned in another thread, but Uppa Baby now makes a wooden stand for the bassinet. It's on their website. It's not cheap.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by eda View Post
    We have the Uppa Vista and love it. Although in 6 months Ive had to brake out the Gorilla Glue twice to fix the frame.

DO NOT use the bassinet by itself the sides are not sturdy enough and can suffocate a baby, only use it in the stroller. I use a bassinet sheet over the mattress. it fits perfectly. If you are planning to use it by it self choose a different stroller bassinet that has sturdier sides.
    Eda, if you have problem with the frame call UPPAbaby, and they'll fix it or give you a new one. Their customer service is amazing, they've sent me new parts a couple of times, no questions asked.

I don't understand the difference in leaving the bassinet on the frame or by itself, I just don't see how snapping it on the frame would make it more stable or sturdy or whatever.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Default Sheet

What brand bassinet sheet do you use with the Vista? The one I bought was way too big.

Quote Originally Posted by eda View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast