Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by xcm83x View Post
    what is cio? you can try rice cereal in her bottle to fill her tummy. feed her breakfast lunch and dinner..feed her rice cereal for breakfast, fruites for lunch vegetables for dinner...stage 1 of course. you could try whole milk watred down...give her something to eat so she'll feel satisfied, and a full belly is good to sleep with...let her stay awake during the afternoons for afew hours...3-4 hours..before bedtime. Like if she goes to bed at 9, let her stay awake from 4-9pm or something.

Whole milk, whether watered down or not, is extremely dangerous at that age. Please, talk to your dr about what to feed.

AFAIK, studies have shown that adding cereal to bottles does not improve sleep.

In any event, both of my girls woke every 2-3 hours until they were 9-10m old. I EBFd and they never took bottles at all.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I breastfed and coslept - just now nightweaning DS at 18 mo. I think 4 mo is too young to CIO (aside from the fact that I don't believe in CIO)

If I'd had to go to work in the AM/were a single parent, I imagine things may have been different

I waited to introduce solids til 6 mo (and he wasn't interested til 10)

I'm sorry things are so hard right now. Cosleeping and nursing laying down helped me to get more sleep

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AbbysMom View Post
    Is she still in your room at night? I was nursing and still had my DD in my room with me at that time. When she was still waking this much at a little over 5 months, I moved her to her own room and she started sleeping longer stretches.
    Hi. It's actually a boy. Not sure why everyone thinks my babe is a girl!Yes. He is still in our room. He is still with us because his room is a floor up and I did not want to be going up and down the stairs all night. Plus DS1's room is upstairs also and I did not want him waking up when DS2 cried. However, DS1 is now sleeping in our room a lot (long story), so maybe it is time to move the little one up to his room.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by LMPC View Post
    I had this issue with DD at almost the exact same age. FWIW, I tried the paci every other time she would wake up at night. Sometimes she would take it, and I was off the hook for a couple of hours....sometimes she looked at me as if to say, "Yeah, whatever...feed me!!" (Really, she did). Over a couple of nights, a pattern developed where she dropped the 12am feeding....then at 6 mos the 2am feeding. I also think she's too little for CIO (but that's just me). I really think that xcm83x is off the mark with the food recommendations...but that's just what the AAP and my ped say.

Good luck!!
    Yep. We try the paci all the time. It never works. He wants to be fed every two hours on the dot!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by veronica View Post
    I can't tell from your post of you are nursing or bottle feeding...but when I was nursing DD at that age, we did introduce a bottle so DH could give one bottle per day and bond with DD. We did the bottle at around 7 pm and put her to bed right after it. I found that being able to actually know how much she took in the bottle was a huge help, for me and DD, as she soon gave up that first wake-up and slept much longer. It was her "trigger" to know it was bedtime and worked amazingly.

I definitely think it is way too young to CIO, feed or put anything in the bottle. I also think waking this much is still pretty normal, albeit agonizing for you! Good luck.....
    He is bottle-fed. He sleeps a longer stretch at first, from 6:30-10:30 then it's every 2 hrs.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    In any event, both of my girls woke every 2-3 hours until they were 9-10m old. I EBFd and they never took bottles at all.
    Wow. You are way stronger than I am. I don't think I can handle the severe sleep deprivatin much longer!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ariveraz View Post
    Hi. It's actually a boy. Not sure why everyone thinks my babe is a girl!Yes. He is still in our room. He is still with us because his room is a floor up and I did not want to be going up and down the stairs all night.
    Sorry! My mind was focused on my little one! I was resistent to moving her b/c I liked just pulling her into bed, nursing and falling back asleep but finally I couldn't stand sleeping like a pretzel. I would try moving him and see if it helps. If not, you can always bring him back and try something else!

Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemama View Post
    I breastfed and coslept - just now nightweaning DS at 18 mo. I think 4 mo is too young to CIO (aside from the fact that I don't believe in CIO)

If I'd had to go to work in the AM/were a single parent, I imagine things may have been different

I waited to introduce solids til 6 mo (and he wasn't interested til 10)

I'm sorry things are so hard right now. Cosleeping and nursing laying down helped me to get more sleep
    That's the problem. Both DH and I work FT, so it is really tough to go to work when you have been up 5-7 times every night. I actually did CIO with DS1 at 3.5 months and it worked, but was hoping not to have to do it with DS2. I honestly don't know if I will be able to keep this up much longer... Thanks everyone for all of your thoughts and suggestions, I'll have to check out the book that was mentioned.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by AbbysMom View Post
    Sorry! My mind was focused on my little one! I was resistent to moving her b/c I liked just pulling her into bed, nursing and falling back asleep but finally I couldn't stand sleeping like a pretzel. I would try moving him and see if it helps. If not, you can always bring him back and try something else!
    Very true. I think I will have to try this ASAP.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ariveraz View Post
    Hi. It's actually a boy. Not sure why everyone thinks my babe is a girl!Yes. He is still in our room. He is still with us because his room is a floor up and I did not want to be going up and down the stairs all night. Plus DS1's room is upstairs also and I did not want him waking up when DS2 cried. However, DS1 is now sleeping in our room a lot (long story), so maybe it is time to move the little one up to his room.
    The first person who responded said "her" and I was looking at that when I typed my response. Sorry for not paying more attention!
    Kris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast