Default 11 month old fighting sleep all of a sudden?!

So our 11 month old DD has all of a sudden gotten REALLY fussy at nap time and bed time (although not nearly as much as bed time). Also, she started waking up about an hour earlier than normal and very sad. Up until a few days ago, we would put her down in her crib and she would kind of just play or talk to herself until she fell asleep.

It's so hard to hear her screaming/crying, and I want to help but don't know what to do!! Has anyone experienced this? She only has 2 teeth (on the bottom), so I don't know if maybe she's getting more teeth somewhere. But if so, I don't know why that would make her so fussy when we put her down as opposed to all the time. She cut her first tooth only a month ago. The second one came about a week later!

My other thought was something she ate but we haven't given her anything new recently. She also hasn't been eating as much, which is accompanying the fussiness/sleeplessness.

TIA for any insight/advice!!
    Last edited by Riley's mama; 06-16-2009 at 11:02 AM.
    Mama to Riley Grace
    Born 7/11/08

Looks like it has somehow worked itself out! She seems much happier today, although still fighting sleep a little bit. I am wondering if it has anything to do with her wanting to get up and walk around or stand. Either way, it seems that whatever was making her so unusually fussy is no longer affecting her.
    Mama to Riley Grace
    Born 7/11/08

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My toddler would always get fussy during naptime/bedtime when he had teeth coming in, so that may very well be it. Glad things are back to normal for you.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009