CCY is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default ISO Gate for Stairs

I am looking to baby proof the house. I need to look for stair guard (both top and bottom of the stairs). Can anyone please give me some recommendations ?
    Is Babies R Us a good place to get the stair guards ?

TIA !

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have these gates on our staircases. We've been very happy with them.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

This one has been recommended by several posters before. We bought 2 of them (for our living room, not for stairs) at BRU and were very happy with them.
    http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Top-of.../dp/B00004YMZE
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We love our Evenflo gates, at the top and bottom of our stairs. Ours look like the pics at amazon, lol, all the additional pieces of board added on to make them fit right and safely. A small board secured on our (all the way up) lower banister by several industrial zip-ties and the closures screwed into it.

Just wanted to mention that since we were scratching our heads on that one, a completely uneven banister. PM me if you want a pic!!
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SammyeGail View Post
    We love our Evenflo gates, at the top and bottom of our stairs. Ours look like the pics at amazon, lol, all the additional pieces of board added on to make them fit right and safely. A small board secured on our (all the way up) lower banister by several industrial zip-ties and the closures screwed into it.

Just wanted to mention that since we were scratching our heads on that one, a completely uneven banister. PM me if you want a pic!!
    I'm dealing with the same issue! I'm trying to figure out how to install on an irregular banister. The zip ties are a good idea, since we're renting and I don't want to drill the banister. I'll PM you. Thanks!