Default Best car seat cover with wheels?

We'll be taking our DS on his first airplane trip right after the 4th of July, and we're planning to bring his brand new Britax Marathon with us, because I'm wary of rental car seats. We'll need to check the car seat at the gate (or with regular checked luggage). I REALLY don't want his car seat to get ruined, so I'm hoping someone has a suggestion for the very best car seat cover out there! I think wheels are a must, because I just can't imagine lugging that car seat on my back. Please help!

jjordan is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, absolutely take your carseat, I wouldn't trust a rental car company's carseat as far as I could throw it.

I'm guessing ds doesn't have a seat on the plane? Unless the flight is full, you'll still be able to take the carseat on board with you and use it for your son. Cross your fingers for that and your problem is solved. But, I personally wouldn't be too concerned with the possibility of carseat getting damaged on the flight. And honestly - I don't know that any carseat bag will reduce the risk of damage. In fact I have heard some advise against a bag because then you don't know about the damage until you get the seat out of the bag!

As far as carting the seat through the airport, I suggest bringing a stroller and strapping the carseat onto the stroller with bungee cords. Some people will actually put their kid in the carseat that's on the stroller, but if you have two adults and just the one kid, there's no need for that. Load up the stroller with all your carry-on baggage and have one parent push that, then the other person wrangles the kid.

I've heard good things about the GoGo Kidz (think that's what it's called) but have never used one. You will probably get more info if you ask this on the carseat forum.

Thanks for the suggestions! We certainly will try to take the carseat on board with us if the flight is not full. I'll post this again on the carseat forum. I'm still open to any other thoughts on car seat bags, though.