Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default International travel question

I'm going to be traveling to Asia next week. It's going to be a 26 hour flight. I was wondering how I should be carrying DS who ise 5 months old while DH and also lug our carry-ons around. Any ideas?

TIA!
    -SunshineAndMe

I'll be making an overseas trip as well with my 5-mth old next week. I plan to carry her in my ergo so I can have my hands free and I will have a duffle bag with a long strap that I can throw over my shoulder as my baby bag. If I can't fit everything into it, I'll considering bringing a wheelie suitcase onboard. I won't be bringing a stroller since its a direct flight. I'm more nervous about her on the plane for the length of time...Good luck!

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd put him in the baby bjorn if you have one. Also for the flight make sure you will have use of a bassinet and sit in the bulkhead- they should have arranged this for you when you made your reservations. If you are allowed (not sure if this is possible) you can take your stroller as a gate check and use that between flights to carry all your stuff around.
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is how I used to travel with DS to Asia. One stroller (Maclaren Quest), one diaper bag, one backpack, sling, Ergo and a cabin bag. The stroller gets checked in and I either had DS in it and a diaper bag hanging over it or I'd be wearing DS and the bags would be on the stroller.

As he grew older and heavier, I carried less stuff with me.

Before you go verify that your daughter can fit into the bassinet because my son who will be 6 mths this week surpassed the ht and wt requirements at 3 mths...mind you he is a big baby. Also I frankly don't like the bulk head rows because the armrest don't go up so it if the baby is on your lap it can get a bit tight but if you do they allow you a bit extra leg room.

I will be traveling in a week to the USA 11.5 hr flight to CA. I plan a diaper bag (with baby tylenol, pacifier, and saline nose drops, little toys to entertain him), a stroller that I will check in at the gate, a cabin bag (with a change of clothes or two for the baby and a clean shirt for me and extra diapers) my ergo if I can't bring the carseat...I am still "working" with AF to let me have him in the carseat since Hudson doesn't sit up yet on his own and I purchased him a seat in order to use the carseat so he would be safe and more comfortable since it is a long flight and traveling with two other kids alone but they are still giving me the run around about it.

I think the most important thing you need to bring with you is sense of humor and lots and lots of patience b/c it is going to be a very long trip and people are not always very friendly or understanding when you travel with a baby!

Best of luck! And enjoy the trip.