Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I wimp out. I just do quick trips and stuff as much as I can into a hand-basket. Most of the stores around here don't have double carts, except Costco. There's a chain called "Wegmans" that has double carts, but they aren't very close to me (they are awesome btw.) The one time we put the girls in the cart they didn't seem to like it. That was a couple of months ago, and I'm actually planning a solo trip to Wegmans tomorrow, so I'll try it again.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

BTW, I love the term "public relations!" That is so funny, and we all know EXACTLY what you're talking about!
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

This wasn't multiples, but I saw a mama in the store the other day with three LO's and a *lot* of groceries. She had two carts, pushing one and pulling one. Very little babe in his bucket in the bottom of one cart. Maybe 18 mo and 3 yo, one in each cart's seat. Groceries loaded in the cart without the babe. She looked frazzled.

My store just started doing the scanner thing where you don't have to unload everything to pay. Once you're used to it, it is a lifesaver when shopping with kiddos, IMO. Slows you down a bit along the way but you more than make up for it at the end when everyone's patience is frayed. Highly recommend!
    Jessica
    DS 4/06 My Buckaroo "Let's listen to some rockin' out music that's swingy with a beat!"
    DD 3/09 My Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by longamkl View Post
    So far, the only store we have really shopped in with the twins is Costco. My husband pushes them in the stroller and takes care of "Public Relations" while I zoom around the store and get what we need.

Other than that, I have only shopped on my own while he circles with the babies in the car in the parking lot.

I don't know when I'll be brave enough to try it on my own. I'm not confident that I'm strong enough to push their stroller and tow a grocery cart.
    exactly what we do. we also have groceries delivered most recently. much easier.
    neeley

Well my trip to Wegmans was a success! I parked by the cart return, put them in two-seater cart, and off we went. They liked the cart much better this time. We went in late morning, so it wasn't super crowded. But boy did they attract attention, even more so than usual. It was my best grocery shopping trip yet. I did ALL of my shopping, and even got a sandwich from the deli without any grumpiness on their part. If my DH and I go together with one of us pushing a cart, usually the girls get sick of their stroller before we're done. I think they liked being up high in the cart where they could look around.
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Mostly I did the easy way out, and shop by myself. If I did need to shop with both babies, one would go in a carrier (hate bjorn, but love the moby for little guys!), and one would go in the cart. Having them split up also cuts down on the need for "public relations"!

DS#3 never rode in the cart, and is always in a carrier.

Default Way to go Twinfoxes!

I went with my girlfriend to Trader Joe's the other day and tried putting each baby sitting up in their own cart. They loved it - I think they loved being up so high and looking around at everything. It wasn't a full shopping trip - still just a short stop but it was a huge success. They still caused a bit of a stir though. Now, if I could just find a good carrier so that I could try it on my own.

They are definitely too heavy for the Bjorn. C is 22.5 lbs now and E is 19.5 lbs.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I shop online and have them delivered. It's a little more expensive but they take coupons. www.cobornsdelivers.com . And I know that many have complained about the Double snapngo but man I LOVE that big basket!!! I can get a lot in there. The twins have just about outgrown their Safeseats so I'll be finally giving up the DSNG and am trying to figure out what I will do without it.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2