Default Specialized Hotwalk question - r/p

***Hi - this is a repost question, since I think I originally posted in the wrong forum area....***

Hi - new to the forums here, and have some questions for all of you specialized owners. I live a good 25 minute drive from the nearest Specialized dealer, but am interested in the Hotwalk. I've looked it up online, but the specs don't mean a lot to me. Guess I need them spelled out (as in "seat height is xx", weight is xx lbs/g, etc). My concern about the hotwalk is that my DD will outgrow it too soon - she's 2.5 and fairly tall - 36.5" with an inseam of at least 14.25", probably more since she was wiggling too much for me to get an accurate measurement. I'm kind of driving myself crazy trying to decide which price point to go with - spending the cash on the LaB, going the less expensive route and getting an outlet Kinderbike, or go somewhere in between and get the Hotwalk. I really want my DD to get into biking so I want something that is comfortable AND safe, and something that will last her until she's ready for a pedal bike (4 or 5, I'm guessing?) Thanks in advance to anyone who has info for me

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sounds like she's the perfect height to start using the hotwalk. at 2, it was still too tall for dd, but she's recently started gliding on it.

I checked out Specialized hotwalk for DS3 at local bike shop today and it seemed too small for him. He is 38" tall.

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My DS fits perfectly on the Hotwalk. He is 40 inches tall and 3 years old. I really like the bike. I highly suggest you go check it out in person. I was shocked at the difference between the Hotwalk (well-built, solid, light) and other cheaper balance bikes available at the bike shop (heavier, felt flimsy).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009