Thread: I'm new!

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default I'm new!

I've been lurking for a bit.. I'm mom of a new DS born 6/4 and finding the reading here quite interesting.. Finally decided I had something to add or reply. I work full time but I'm off till about labor day. Trying to decide if hubby will stay home with our child or if he will go to daycare. MIL thinks I would be taking away his manhood but it makes tons more sense financially and perhaps aggravation wise.. I'm also trying to decide if we should go on a short vacation before I go back to work, but a little overwhelmed about trying to do a short road trip with the baby.. That's about it.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Welcome cats! This is such a great resoruce, I hope you'll post often. No question too stupid. I should know, I've asked enough of 'em :-).

No manhood issues being a stay at home dad from where I sit. To me, whatever makes the most sense for your family is the right answer. For us, we both work, DH travels 4 days a week, which means it's just me and DS most of the time, plus I work part time. Alot of us have MIL problems, some large, some small, some not at all. Sorry you're running into support challenges from your MIL!

For us, we don't need both incomes, but it would be alot harder witout mine, and our healthcare would be plain awful if we had to go with DH's. So, we really need mine, which is A+++. Not that it doesn't have its own issues, like they won't pay for my orthotics after they said they would. Turkeys.

Good luck with your brand new little one! Please come back and post again.

-- Fairy :-)
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.