Default Heart rate monitor suggestions

I have tried to research these, but am having terrible luck! It seemed a lot of people recommended Polar, but then the reviews were all over the place on the specific ones I was looking at (and some of them are definitely pricey). I would prefer to spend $100 or less, but I don't want to have to replace it just because I bought a cheap one.

Anybody have one they love?

TIA!
    Mamma to a pretty little princess 3/06, a long awaited blessing 6/11, and a sweet surprise 11/13!

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just purchased a Polar F6 yesterday after reading many reviews on a fitness forum. I haven't received it yet so I can't comment on how well it works though, but it had really positive reviews from those that used it.

I bought the F6 on drugstore.com using a $10 off code and then another $20 off when paying with paypal. So it came to $80 with free shipping. HTH!
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have a Polar. I liked it when I was using it.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have an F4. The lower level models just tend to have fewer features. All I need is basic functionality so it works well for me.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

The big thing I kept reading about Polar was that once the battery died you had to send it in to Polar to change it. The cost was close to the cost of a new monitor. For those who have Polar's, how long has your battery lasted? Do you plan to pay to have it replaced, or just trash it?

TIA!
    Mamma to a pretty little princess 3/06, a long awaited blessing 6/11, and a sweet surprise 11/13!

Default Sigma Sport PC 15

I have a Sigma Sport PC 15 Heart Rate Monitor. I highly recommend it. I've had mine now for about 4 years and I love it! You can change the battery yourself. Here is a link to where I purchased mine: http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...te-Monitor.htm

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    The lower level models just tend to have fewer features. All I need is basic functionality so it works well for me.
    I've had mine for three years and it's still going strong. I suppose when the battery dies, I'll just get a new monitor. I had no idea it was that expensive to replace.