Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It would have been a cool b-day- and it could still happen.

My ds1 was 2 weeks past his edd so I had in my head the expectation that ds2 would take his time too. He did- 10ish days past edd. I only had one internal, the day I went into labor, and my progress wasn't very impressive. That's pretty normal for 2nd+ moms.

I suggest enjoying this "bonus time." I loved doing as much as I could with just ds1 or with just myself. I ran lots of quick errands, took ds1 swimming, went to the movies...we just got out and enjoyed life without obsessing about when baby would make his (or her) appearance. I loved that extra time.

Sending labor vibes your way!
    Beth

I wish I could just enjoy these last few days of only having one....but I am in serious discomfort, very different from my last baby. I've been sick pretty much the whole time and my body just hurts. We've been doing as many fun things as I can take, but sadly, I just can't physically take much more. (And this is speaking as someone who has only gained a grand total of 7 pounds.) I think this kid is just in a weird and really uncomfortable position.

My first was born at 41+ weeks, and I never felt this bad. I guess I was just hoping for an on-time delivery, but no such luck. Oh well, at least I'm technically healthy and so is he, no I just need him out!

Christina

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Go to the pool, for sure!! That's where I was when labor started with ds2. I had gone to play with ds1 and it felt so good being in the water.

Beth

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS was 8 days late and his birthday is 12/25. If he complains, I can tell him it is HIS fault for being late.

Sending labour vibes your way.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

sending you vibes!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2