emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Pikkolo - back carry - what am i doing wrong?

So I've finally managed to learn how to get DD on my back with the Pikkolo without feeling like I'm going to drop her. But when she's back there, she looks like she's practically choking on the shoulder strap when she tries to look around. From the pictures on the websites, the children's heads are well above the top of the carrier. Hers is isn't. DD is about 30 inches tall. Is height the reason she's not as high on the carrier?? I tried adjusting top and bottom shoulder straps. If I adjust bottom, she doesnt seem to have enough butt room. If I adjust the top, it's very uncomfortable for me. BTW, on the shoulder straps there are "hooks" (plastic loops) on each side. Where should those be hitting me ideally? Right now, they're practically at the top of my shoulders. And what are these hooks for anyway???

Overall, I'm happy with the Pikkolo but I just dont think i'm doing it right.

HELP!

Thank you!

We haven't done a back carry yet so I can't really help with that but the rings on the shoulder should be for the hood to attach to....

When you put on the Pikkolo, are you wearing it apron style or non-apron style?

Apron style you put it on so it is laying completely flat against you, like you are wearing an apron. When you put on the carrier, the waistband ends up folded under. I believe the Pikkolo is meant to be worn that way.

Non-apron style you fold the waistband under before putting it on so when the carrier is completely on it is not folded.

If you are doing it non-apron, try wearing it apron style.