09Mom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Sleep help - 6 month old

Our 6 month old wakes up 2-3x/night. Sometimes I'll let her cry for a bit, but once she is no longer laying down (she gets up in crawl position) there is no way she's going back down. When I take her out to feed her she eats ferociously. She's in the 10th percentile for weight, so I feel like if she's hungry I need to feed her. I thought when we started her on solids it would get better, but it hasn't. We do have her in our room, but not in our bed. I'm not a big fan of CIO because she has yet to fall back asleep from CIO, and I work full-time so practicality gets the best of me and a rationalize that i could be up for another 30 minutes+ or I could feed her and we're both back asleep in 5 minutes.

any advice?

feed her when she wakes up. She's young enough to still need to eat at night.

solids can mess up sleep too. Little tummies might not be ready to digest food. You could try stopping the solids and see if that helps. But it really sounds like she is not ready to sleep through the night yet.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD was a voracious eater. She woke up every 3 hours at night until she was 10 months old. CIO did not work for her until then. She was just hungry. I would feed her and she would go right back to sleep. We stopped this at 10-11 months. We started when she was able to put herself back down after waking at night (we did some training, but it didn't take much. It did not work for her until then though). FWIW, solids before 12 months are for practice. Your DC will not fill up on solids. breast milk/formula will still be your DC main source of nutrition and she may still wake up at night to feed after starting solids. I can definitely attest to that.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007